Question regarding video type site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding video type site

I don't see any other packages to choose from, so I'm wondering if I were to make a video-based site that could potentially have a lot of users uploading videos to it, would the 600gb storage and 6000gb monthly data transfer be a problem? What happens if I were to exceed these numbers, are extra charges applied, or are other packages available that may be unlimited for these?

Re: Question regarding video type site

You can not use your VodaHost account as a movie repository.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

May I ask why we can't use our webspace in that way? I'm looking at something along the lines of YouTube, of course probably smaller scale than that. So all it is is web space for users to post videos and for others to view them. Any chance VodaHost will ever allow for this?

Comment

Probably not. Vodahost offers shared webhosting. Shared webhosting has hundred of websites running on the same server. What you need is dedicated (or virtual private) server. This means only your website is running on the server, or in the case of a virtual private only 10-20. The system resources needed for a website that are getting hundred if not thousand of simultaneous hits would cause everyone else who's website is running on the server to run slow. Its not fair to everyone who has a website running on a shared hosting server for someone to use all the system resources.

You can't expect to run a website like that for 7 bucks a month. Large websites, even a scaled back version of youtube would cost hundreds if not thousands per month to run

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
          You can't expect to run a website like that for 7 bucks a month. Large websites, even a scaled back version of youtube would cost hundreds if not thousands per month to run
          Ughh! Really!? I didn't know that it could cost up to that much. I figured it would cost more but never came close to thinking that much more. I still don't know much about website development, so I didn't have a clue. Well, there's another idea wasted LOL. Thanks for the explanation!

Comment

Working...
          X