Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Legal or Illegal in VodaHost TOC

Hi there,

I want to host my website on VodaHost, before my final decision I would like to ask VodaHost team some questions regarding my site and VodaHost policies.

I have modified and made a popular CMS for my custom needs. As I am an Electrical Engineer, and on net there are so many websites are present which have very help Electrical & Electronics Circuit diagrams with descriptions on their website. Some of them are on Paid Hosting services and rest of the sites (majority) are on Free Host.

The problems are with the Free hosted website, in past so many free hosted websites got offline due to change in policies of free host. I want to publish their Circuit Diagrams (In Gif or Jpeg format) with textual description look alike as below.

Author: Mr. XYZ (Original name of author/designer)
    Email: (His/Her email address)
    About Author: (Little Description)

And also there should be a Water mark about the Author name/Email and Web address on each Circuit Picture.

I want to store these circuit pictures on my space/host. I don’t want to hot link this Circuit picture from other resources, as there is no guaranty for 99% uptime.

I contact with them for their written permission via email. But got good reply from only some people not all of them, they are not responding via email. I am working for some educational purpose and to keep record of all circuit ever designed.

If I publish that pictures/text whose written permission is given to me, it should be OK and in line with VodaHost policies. But what about publishing those text/pictures, whose permission is not available is not available due to any reason, is this a violation of your policies or inline with your policies as my publishing method is clear to you (As describe above).

2nd question is about Backup. You process which type of backups. Daily, weekly, monthly or On request backups?

Thanks,
    masterleous

Re: Is this Legal or Illegal in VodaHost TOC

1) Sounds ok sofar, but you really should get permission before publising other peoples work. In most cases your ok, but you might come across the odd case that might end you up in court.
    2) We do daily backups on all or servers, but we are not responsible for customers back ups or data.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

1) Sounds ok sofar, but you really should get permission before publising other peoples work. In most cases your ok, but you might come across the odd case that might end you up in court.
      Yah, i will try my best to get permission. but i am talking for those website which are now hidden/dead from people to see.

Anyway thanks for your kind help

2) We do daily backups on all or servers, but we are not responsible for customers back ups or data.
      If i required a backup copy of all files and MySQL DB than it is possible for you to give it to me any time? or do you have a facility to burn a DVD-R of Backup and send it to your customer?

Thanks,
      masterleous

Comment

You can login to your control panel 24/7/365 and download a MySQL DB back up.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Is their any limit MySQL DB Size??? some host companies donot offer more size in MySQL DB.

Comment

no limit.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X