A few tech questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few tech questions

Hi I came across this hosting company and would like to ask a few questions having trawled through your T & C and information sheets I can't seem to find the answers.

1. I run a fairly large site that has a Forum (phpbb) in which a small community on. I have a few issues with my current Hosting mainly being a lock on Email being sent in bulk, I guess they are scared of attracting spam issues. Do you have any locks on email usage in this way and if so what are they ? example I might need to do a mass mailing of a newsletter 400+ people at once I know this can cause CPU issues and some slow down so is there any issues with this ?

2. Do you control the name servers yourself or is it possible to assign control to the domain owners. Reason I am asking is I may want to split mx records from the process if I did transfer my name to you, or am i better keeping full control from where they are registered now and just pointing the appropriate records.

3. Are there any other restrictions in place that you use to control possible slow down issues so as not to affect other users or to make sure there is plenty of bandwidth usable ? anything at all

4. Is there a size limit on mysql databases ?

Thanks for your time

Re: A few tech questions

Vodahost limits email to 200 per hour, you can request to have this limit raised for your account though, but you need a reason and to specify the source of your mailing list.

There is a 5% CPU usage limit

You can keep the domain with your current registrar and just change the nameservers, or transfer to vodahost. You remain the owner of all domain names, and have access to change the settings on the domain at any time.

Bandwidth is the main issue, they offer 6,000 gigs of bandwidth, you have the already stated 5% CPU usage limit (which is just the max, it shouldn't run that much all the time).

There is no limit that I am aware of on mysql. You get unlimited databases, and the size of the database is added to your total hosting space total.

I'm sure vodahost or another rep will come along.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: A few tech questions

Thanks for the information, I guess I can use my private server for the email if it is a problem. The Mailing list is purely a Email everyone on the phpbb with details of next in game events maybe and other news.

I assume the Email is outgoing Email only not the incoming ?

Comment

Working...
      X