This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers Dowloading Files Q

My site will consist of a product that can be downloaded by my customers.
    I know there a way to do that, but my products are unique to each customer.
    Is there a way to set up links to each customer to dwnload their product?
    Last edited by willc; 08-08-2007, 08:04 PM. Reason: Wrong wording
    www.ME3ddd.com - Creative graphics and 3D animation

www.endbalding.blogspot.com Get remedies and info regarding hair loss

Re: Customers Dowloading Files Q

Please give more data, how are they unique?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

and how many per day???

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I plan producing 30 second videos. Each one will be unique. I dont know how many per day since I havent yet published the site..but hope a lot

Comment

It also depends on the number of expected customers. You can do it in many ways, from the simplest to the most complicated, but it really depends on how you want it done:
          1. If these are custom made jobs, for which you first have communication with the customer, you can simply email the video file once finished. A 30 sec video file is small enough to attach to an email
          2. Upload the file and provide the customer (by email) with a direct link to the file.
          3. Create a password protected folder, and upload the file in there. Each customer has his own folder with related username and password, which you create and let him know. He simply clicks on the link of his own folder, he enters username / password, and he can see the entire directory, so he can select the file he wants to download (usefull if he has many jobs). You can, if you wish, create an index page in this folder, with links to the files. It seems more professional

Depending on the look you want to have and the feeling you want your customer to have there are also other, more complicated (but better looking) way. I only presented you the simplest ones.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thks NavalD

Im assuming this call all be done thru BVoda. Sound simple enough to set up a link but does the PW configuration require scripting which Im not familiar with.

Comment

As i said, you can create, for each customer, a password protected folder. You also create a password and username for this folder, then you upload the file in this folder. You email your customer the link, the username and the password. No scripting is required if you go this way. The pass / user protection of the folder are done through your CP, following a simple wizard.

However, i don't see why you should have this file in a password protected folder. Only you and the customer know the link to the file. So it is not accessible by anyone else.

And, (even simpler) i don't understand why dont you simply email the file.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thks George

Sound best to keep it simple. When I start rolling in sales Ill look into something more in depth.

Comment

Working...
                X