• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sallyslater
    Sergeant

• Aug 2007

A few general questions

Hi all

Im considering joining, however i do have a few questions, if anyone can help me out with them, i would be most grateful;

1. If i order, what do i get? 1 domain name? does that have to be a com or a co.uk or either, and can i order the com and co.uk if i need to. If so how much would this cost?

2. I already have a few domains registered which i would like to also link to the same site i create, will i be able to do this with the host i already use for these domains at no extra cost (i use streamline for them) The domain name i would advertise would be the one i would buy with bluevoda but the others are useful for coming up well in search engines due to the key words they contain.

3. If i were to use the shopping cart option, would i be able to sell information documents via my shop and have it all automated - i sell sales leads. Would i be able to set it up so that the customer pays and the document is instantly automatically emailed to them? Also, would i be able to ensure that once the lead has sold, it is no longer available for sale in my shop? (very important as i dont want to sell a lead more than once)

4. If i were to set a shop up, are any commisions taken from my sales or is all the money earnt by bluevoda purely out of you hosting your site with them?

I hope someone can help!

Best wishes

Sally
    www.webuynationwide.co.uk
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: A few general questions

1. VH is a hosting company. They offer one free domain for a year when you sign up. It can be .com or .net or many different options. You can order more domain names from them if you want at $19.99/year.

2. You can link any domain names you own to any other domains you own - whether hosted here or not.

3. How the shopping cart works will depend on the shopping cart you use. Yes, there are shopping carts that will do what you want.

4. No, VH doesn't get any commisions from your sales. VH is a hosting company. VH doesn't own any of your site.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• sallyslater
      Sergeant

• Aug 2007

Thank you so much for your very helpful advice! :)

Sally x
      www.webuynationwide.co.uk

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

You're welcome.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics