• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fundraiser
    Private

• Aug 2007

Transferring a Template not Purchased from VodaHost

Hello,

I'm wondering, as the title implies, if I'm able to transfer another template not purchased from VodaHost into your website building application and then work with all the tools that are provided?

Also, I don't understand this part of Request #1 with regards to posting:
    Please DO NOT open multiple duplicate threads...

Thanks.
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Transferring a Template not Purchased from VodaHost

Creating multiple threads is when one "creates" a thread and posts the same issue, question, or discussion yet once again rather than keeping the posts and replies in a single topic-oriented thread: here in VodaTalk there are actually many forums comprising THE Forum, and within each forum (or organized section) you will find many individual threads all relating to that specific forum.

Some simply post in the wrong threads, in the wrong forum (off-topic), or simply plaster their personal crises all over the place trying to attract attention to their plight........just trying to keep the unnecessary clutter down to a low roar is quite a task!

NOW....as for your original question about using a non-Voda template. If you have the medium with which to edit your template, it matters not where it came from, only that you are capable of customizing it the way you intended. And, that being the case, you are never restricted from using your VodaHost Account Control Panel (and the File Manager tool therein) to FTP your files the way you see fit.

Blue Voda, the website creation tool featured by VodaHost will not work to edit other pages or elements that are not generated from within Blue Voda itself.
    > For instance, if you have a HTML template and you want to work on it, you will need an HTML editor such as Dreamweaver, FrontPage, or the like. If you have a Flash template, you will need a Flash editor...so on.

Knowing which formats can provide the foundation you want to be able to work in, and the differences between them is the first step of your learning.....knowing the differences between them in order to get the functionality or effects you want is the second.
    Being able to do it all yourself is the Quest......and having the tools required is all part of the overall planning you need to make your investment in....."Plan Your Work, Work Your Plan"
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Fundraiser
      Private

• Aug 2007

Vasili,

Thanks very much for your quick response. When I saw the name of your website, I thought of Werner Ehrhard, who ran self-development courses many years ago.

I checked out your website. Looks like you offer some very wonderful services. Good for you!

I live in LA. Where are your Pacific offices? Anywhere in CA?

I'm leaving the computer for a bit, but will check back later for your answer.

Thanks Again!

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

(EST....funny, but most will never even know the elevance of that, huh? LOLOL No relation...)

West Coast offices are in San Ramon....Bay Area. Relocated here from on the Bay first of the year (gave up my own building practically, in response to the economy, and went from over 100 people to less than 25).

Things are on the upswing though.....all about planning and execution (not the least of which commitment adds the momentum to really make progress DOING something). Whew. I need to retire already....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X