X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimum time to Open Account

G'day friends,
    I am using BV to build our website and have spent at least 100 hours or so studying the forums. I am definitely going to be using VodaHost so I don't need converting :)
    My questions relate to WHEN to sign up.
    Situation:
    We purchased a .com.au domain a month ago and it is parked on an Aussie Host for the moment. It has one of THOSE temporary pages showing on it when you look at the domain. When I join VH I intend to purchase (free 1st year) the .com equivalent to match the .com.au domain. My client (who happens to be my wife LOL), is holding me up with the web design because of necessary photos and descriptions of fashion products. I want to focus on SEO as best I can and my concerns are publishing and getting a bad/poor index by publishing a site that is incomplete / under construction etc.
    Questions:
    1) Do THOSE temporary pages on parked domains get to influence Search Engines for the domain up until you formally submit to Search engines?
    2) If so, would it be better if I Published my own designed Temporary "Coming Soon" style index page? At least I could have the Aussie domain pointing at VH and .com page too.
    3) Once you have purchased a VH account, does it give you access to more resources for building a site with BV than just using BV the way I am at the moment?
    4) There is a good chance that I'll purchase the Professional SE submission package. If I do that once I have the site more completed, that should overcome any poor ranking caused by the initially incomplete site?
    5) My main site for Professional SE submission would be the .com.au site. If the .com site is pointing to the .com.au site, will the .com site be ranked at the same time the .com.au site is being ranked? (in other words, do I really need to have the extra domain option in the purchase of the professional SE submission package?)
    6) My wife has a Hotmail Account she uses to keep her emails separate from our regular ISP email. Can having the email accounts through the VH site help keep her emails separate? I think I've found the answer to this already, just have to study my Outlook 2002 client setup.
    I look forward to joining VH soon. Probably sooner than I thought at the start of this POST!
    Thanks,
    Rick

Re: Optimum time to Open Account

1 + 2) The temp page will be replaced once you publish. You an publish your own coming soon page if you wish.

3) Much more.

4 + 5) Lets not put the cart before the horse.....You have no ranking becuase you have no site. Do not worry or think about Search Engine ranking now...just get your site built and them you will have plenty of time for SEO, but you can not SEO a site that does not exist.

6) Yes it can.

Welcome to the family

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks General,
      I had intended signing up tonight but got caught up in some confusion with procedures and terminology. Hopefully you can steer me clear while I'm getting some shuteye.
      Lets say my existing domain name is wifesname.com.au and it is parked at crazydomains.com.au . I also want to acquire wifesname.com from VodaHost. Both domain names need to point to the same website on your server.
      1) I'd like to get the wifesname.com free from VH. I'd like the wifesname.com.au the main account if possible. (which button do I have to use in Hosting Purchase - Option A or Option B)
      2) Studying crazydomains.com.au site, I can't determine if I need to Pay them for DNS hosting package or just point to the VH servers. (DNS hosting cost $18/yr)
      3) Can .com.au domains be transfered to VodaHost??? or must they stay in Australia?
      I really need some sleep now at 2:00am
      Thanks again,
      Rick

Comment

I got some sleep and spent a number of more hours studying forum back and forth. FINALLY located a post from Brad that gave a definitive answer saying that .com.au domains CANNOT be transfered to VH. (Of course the websites relating to them can be hosted by VH)
        So that has answered a couple of my questions. Now I only have to determine IF I have to purchase DNS hosting with the Aussie company where my domain is parked presently. I guess I'll find that out when I try to point my .com.au to VH name server.
        Now for a short break before I start the Ordering Process

Rick

Comment

Now I only have to determine IF I have to purchase DNS hosting with the Aussie company where my domain is parked presently. I guess I'll find that out when I try to point my .com.au to VH name server.
          If they sold you a domain name, they will update your name servers without issue at no extra charge....No need to purchase DNS hosting from them.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks General,
            It's a pleasure being under your command!
            Now off to the sign up forms .....
            regards,
            Rick

Comment

Working...
            X