• Show
Clear All
  • Beck
    First Sergeant

• Jul 2006

New account transfer questions

I have an account with VH already,
    hitchhikinhorses.com
    and I have several add-on domain names attached to this account.

Now I wish to build a site for someone else. They already purchased a domain name separately a while back, but have no web site built. (I'll be transfering this domain name to VH.)
    1) How do I go about setting up a whole new VH account for them?
    1a) and how do I keep their account (or any other VH accounts) separate from my VH - HitchHikingHorses account on my computer.
    1b) I can use the same BV to create and post all the websites right?

Eventually they may want to take this new site over themselves. So I'll need to know how to set that up after I've built the site for them --
    2) What do I need to do to be able to hand it all over to them? when they are ready of course.

3) Also, If I want to take any of my add-on domain names that I already have, and make an account just for it through VH - example candcshires.com -- then give it to the owner (my mom- in this case) how would I go about doing that?

Thanks Beck
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: New account transfer questions

Beck,

You cant share your hosting with someone else and give them seperate accounts. They need to purchase a seperate account, and use your affiliate link to buy it. Then when they give you the account info you can build their sites for them. You also need to read TOS, terms of agreement, for hosting and sharing commercial sites on one account so you dont get into trouble sharing yours.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Beck
      First Sergeant

• Jul 2006

You also need to read TOS, terms of agreement, for hosting and sharing commercial sites on one account so you dont get into trouble sharing yours.
      Karen,
      Where do I find this TSO agreement?

So what you are saying is I purchase a new account for them in their name corect? This is what I want to do, but I want them to pay for it :) then... I build their site for them -
      But:
      How do I keep everyone seprated on my computer so I can latter give all the VH account info, BV web pages, photos, and stuff to them (transferd onto their computer) later after I build it -- or if I end up keeping the website and continue to manage it for them, how do I get them the bill not me and what about charging them for my time to set up and build the thing ? :)
      Thanks Beck

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

They must get their own account. if they do so, there is no problem about billing you, tey are the ones that will get billed.

To keep the site that you are going to create for them separate in your computer, create a folder, named after them, inside your BV folder, and save all pages that you build for them, in there. Also, create in there, a subfolder, where you will keep all the pics that you will use for them. If they want to take over, make a CD of that folder and deliver it to them.

What and how you charge them for building their site is only yor business.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Beck
          First Sergeant

• Jul 2006

Thanks
          I'll work on this :)
          Beck

Comment

Working...
          X