Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Questions About Building My Website

Hi Everyone!!

After enough research on web hosting and site building companies to make myself dizzy, I found Blue Voda. THANKS for being here!!!!

Its seems to good to be true- a nice user friendly web builder and this forum section to talk with others that have more experience to help me with my own site.

I would like to familarize myself with BV Web Builder before I open an account as this process may take some time. The Tutorials are fabulous and has answered many of my questions.
    But here's just a few more please:

1. Can I totally build this site, look my work over while learning the BV Builder then activate an account? What are the con's to doing it this way? ie... I don't want to loose my work or create more work for myself, have to build the site again or make major changes because I didn't activate an account right away.

2. I'm saving my pages as .bvp and .html. Doing this, will my pages be ready to publish when I activate an account?

I don't have many products just yet so I'm thinking the Site Builder will be fine for me with adding Pay Pal. Here's what I've done so far:

1. I did some graphics in Fireworks and saved as .gif to use as background ( header, footer, background texture and text buttons) as I want a custom website. I just open the .gifs onto to my BV pages. Do I need to make a template in BV Builder from the gifs then add my product text, images PayPal buttons, etc on top of that? Or can I just leave them as gifs?

2. I need to add alot of images(optimized in Fireworks)- I sell jewelry- so my main concern is to have a thumbnail product name with brief description where users can click on thumbnail that links to a full description with additional photos. I need to "hide" that full description page as I don't want it as a text button. Which Tutorial teaches how to "hide" this kind of page?

3. If I decide in the future I need the Soholaunch Web Store Builder can I make the conversion easliy?

4. Finally, while building this site, what is the main thing I should keep in mind to keep my site SE friendly?

Anyway, thats where I'm starting:)

Thanks for being here and reading all my thoughts and questions!!!! - I don't feel so lost anymore trying to figure out how to do a website.

Thanks again!

Sincerely,

FlightGirl
    I fly in those silver birds in the sky and I love it! But love designing jewelry more:):):) To everyone... fly safe and know your Flight Attendants are trained for your safety.

Re: General Questions About Building My Website

Hi, let see if I can answerer some of your query’s.
    1. Yes you can build your site before having an account. The only slight downside is not being able to test your links between pages.
    2. When you save your pages, save them as just as a name. You don’t have to add any extensions. BV will automatically save them as a BVP & when you are ready to publish, BV will also automatically change them to html.

1. With most web sites you are better to make one or two templates that will have all
    the common elements on them & then use this for each page. Then add each pages
    different elements to the template.
    2. Not sure what you mean about hiding the page. It sounds like you want a link to a
    new page or a popup with details.
    3. If you are thinking about soho at a later date, it needs its own home directory. So
    you can either place this in a sub domain or think about putting your BV site in a
    different folder to the home directory.
    4. For SE friendliness, try Beth’s read. http://www.moxie-enter-prises.com/SEO-The-Basics.html

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
    X