• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keith_nz
    Private

• Oct 2007

online store setup enquiry

hi
    we are looking at setting up an online store to sell products in NZ. I am planning to have part of the website hosted with my current provider (the pages that show info who we are etc) and the shopping component hosted on vodahost.

I am assuming that I can use osCommerce to set up the shopping site, then point the a-record to that IP address on Vodahost. I would need to choose the SSL with dedicated IP address for this option?

Also as far as merchant details go I would need to set up an account with PayPal and osCommerce would allow me to integrate that into the site?

cheers :) Keith
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: online store setup enquiry

Originally posted by keith_nz View Post
    hi
    we are looking at setting up an online store to sell products in NZ. I am planning to have part of the website hosted with my current provider (the pages that show info who we are etc) and the shopping component hosted on vodahost.

I am assuming that I can use osCommerce to set up the shopping site, then point the a-record to that IP address on Vodahost. I would need to choose the SSL with dedicated IP address for this option?

Also as far as merchant details go I would need to set up an account with PayPal and osCommerce would allow me to integrate that into the site?

cheers :) Keith
    Yes to all!

(Although you can wait to convert to a dedicated IP with SSL until after you configure your shop, but it is easier to pre-establish things at the onset!)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• keith_nz
      Private

• Oct 2007

Re: online store setup enquiry

thanks heaps!!

Comment

Working...
      X