Transferring a Domain Name and Email accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring a Domain Name and Email accounts

I want to switch my domain name and email accounts to Voda. I have several questions. Firstly, what is the process to make the switch? Secondly, how will my current email account be affected? Will I be able to transfer the email messages from the other provider? Third, I have already paid for my domain name how is that taken into the picture?

Re: Transferring a Domain Name and Email accounts

1) We will take care of the transfer, free of charge.
    2) Make sure to back up or download all your emails, emails can not be transfered over from server to server.
    3) Question not clear.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

My domain name has been paid for the next year at the current hosting company, do I have to pay again or is that carried over? Also, how much down time will I experience during the transfer? Can I set up the site on Voda prior to the transfer or must I wait until the transfer is complete before I can set up the site?

Comment

Originally posted by dwight721 View Post
        My domain name has been paid for the next year at the current hosting company, do I have to pay again or is that carried over? Also, how much down time will I experience during the transfer? Can I set up the site on Voda prior to the transfer or must I wait until the transfer is complete before I can set up the site?
        1) Its carried over.
        2) None.
        3) Yes you can.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Transferring a Domain Name and Email accounts

I have opened an account at Lunar pages in the 1st week of November 2007. And I had problems there. I don't like their customer service. I could not use my hosting for a month because it took them quite a while to help me solve my problem. That's why I decided to transfer to vodahost.

I already have an account with Voda host and I have another domain (www.zdiaz.com)

My question is similair to the guy above with a slight modification. I want to transfer the "free" domain (www.stfrancisworld.com) they gave me. Is this possible ?

If I transfer it ? what will happen to my hosting service there ? I already paid for their hosting services for a year. I was so afraid to try out other hosting services that I only paid 1 month for blue voda in order to "try it out" first since I had a very bad experience with Lunar pages. However My experience with Blue Voda has been very good so far.

I can't ask a refund from them since I downloaded their "free" Coffee cup software which was nice but has problems as well. But I just want to transfer the "free" domain they gave me to Blue voda. I will still be using my hosting there since I already paid for it for a year. (Don't know what I am going to do with it yet) but I am not sure how this works . . . I transfer my www.stfrancisworld.com to you for a fee (correct ?) then if I still use my lunar pages hosting, what will I use there ? Can I use one of those free domains in the internet ? I am not really sure how the nuts and bolts of this works please clarify.

Wisdom, Knowledge, Adventure, hacks for polymaths ... Life

Comment

Well, to simplify things, let it stay there, and just reset the DNS (Domain Name Servers) to "point to" your account here at VodaHost.....no need to physically transfer it until you get everything straightened out there. (You may be required to wait 60 days to be able to transfer it, if they allow "free domains" to be transferred at all).

The Tutorials show you how to do this easily and without any strain at all!
            You must first create an "Add-On" domain to your account with the same name as what is left at Lunar, and THEN you can reset the DNS there in the Control Panel they provide.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I am currently considering to transfer a foundation website over to Voda. I'm still researching and figuring out how it works but don't want to get stuck with something I can't finish...am I doing the right thing? The domain name was included in the package, can I still have it transfered?

Comment

Working...
              X