X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Name & Transfer to BlueVoda

Hello,
    I have an account already with bluevoda, but want to open another account separate for my fishing club, and not have it connected with mine.

1.Can I do this?
    2.How do I transfer over the domain name?
    3.I have created all the pages for the site, and I am ready, will this be difficult to do?
    4. Can the account be under the club name, or does it have to under under mine because I will be paying for it with cc, the club will reimburse me later?
    Elliott Liardo
    New Jersey Bass Federation
    www.NJBassFederation.com
    www.AmandaLiardo.com

Re: Domain Name & Transfer to BlueVoda

Originally posted by viper225 View Post
    Hello,
    I have an account already with bluevoda, but want to open another account separate for my fishing club, and not have it connected with mine.

1.Can I do this?
    You don't have to open a new account, just add the domain in your CP as a add-on domain. But if you DO want a new account, yes this is possible.

2.How do I transfer over the domain name?
    You don't have to do this, keep it where it is and just repoint the servers
    Much easier, and trust me less hassle!

3.I have created all the pages for the site, and I am ready, will this be difficult to do?
    No, when you create a new add on domain it will create a folder. You publish to that folder by putting /foldername after public_htlm when publishing

4. Can the account be under the club name, or does it have to under under mine because I will be paying for it with cc, the club will reimburse me later?
    If you want to, you can open a completey new account in either theirs or your name. If this site belongs to the club and not you then you will HAVE to open a new account. Unless YOU own the club?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for answering so quickly. I do not own the club, and would rather have it under a separate account. I was elected the webmaster for the site. Opening a new account, can it be done under the club name? and I am the one that will manage it.

Can you show me how to open up new account and transfer the domain name if you have time?
      Elliott Liardo
      www.NJBassFederation.com
      www.AmandaLiardo.com

Comment

Originally posted by viper225 View Post
        Hi,
        Thanks for answering so quickly. I do not own the club, and would rather have it under a separate account. I was elected the webmaster for the site. Opening a new account, can it be done under the club name? and I am the one that will manage it.

Can you show me how to open up new account and transfer the domain name if you have time?
        Ok, firstly, as you don't own the club then you have no choice but to open a new account. You can do this by gettimg the club to open the account so that should there be any issues it is THEIR account and not yours. (quite important - you never know what could happen). Once they have opened an account you can always build the site for them and publish using account details that they could allow you to use.

As far as opening the account you just get them to do it as YOU yourself did. Just go to vodahost.com and start from there.

Now, the domain name... They should buy this rather than you, for the same reasons mentioned above. Once they have set up a domain account they just need to go into their settings, and then DNS Nameserver change, and then point the servers to whatever servers VH give them in their welcome package email.

Hope that helps.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

all yu have to do is go to vodahost.com and you can order new service. Are you an affiliate - if so Blue Voda will pay you a commission for a new account. if you are not an affiliate then just go to that link above and follow. you will have 2 choices, 1 if you will get the domain name from Voda host or 2. if you have the domain name and you will transfer it to Voda host once you receive your login information. in both cases it will cost you $7.95/month or 95.40 per year. Good Luck.
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
            you will have 2 choices, 1 if you will get the domain name from Voda host or 2. if you have the domain name and you will transfer it to Voda host once you receive your login information.
            Three choices... If you already have a domain, you can leave it where it is and repoint the servers.

Comment

You cannot do what you are suggesting Marincky ...

You must choose a domain name to open your voda hosting account ...

You could

1) have your domain transferred to voda hosting

or

2) Choose another domain name to open your voda hosting account

In either case, you must have a domain name to open a voda hosting account

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                You cannot do what you are suggesting Marincky ...

You must choose a domain name to open your voda hosting account ...

You could

1) have your domain transferred to voda hosting

or

2) Choose another domain name to open your voda hosting account

In either case, you must have a domain name to open a voda hosting account

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/web...ame-later.html
                Lady, I never made such a suggestion.?

I said, if he has a domain name already he can open the account and repoint this domain to the VH server.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                  Three choices... If you already have a domain, you can leave it where it is and repoint the servers.
                  I was clarifying this statement I quote Marincky.

Your options are a free domaiin name or a free transfer of domain name with a voda hosting account.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                    I was clarifying this statement Marincky.

Your options are a free domaiin name or a free transfer of domain name with a voda hosting account.
                    That's fine but I wasn't making my comment against that statement?

Not to worry.

Comment

okay I won't worry .. lol ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hello all,
                        Thank you all so much for your help. Just spoke with our club president, and he wishes I do this after the 17th of this month. The reason being, our club meeting will be held, and to resolve any questions that any members might have about it. When the time comes, I will refer to this thread back. Thanks all again for the help.
                        Elliott Liardo
                        www.NJBassFederation.com
                        www.AmandaLiardo.com

Comment

Working...
                        X