X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple domains question

Hi,

Sorry for posting this question. I know there've been several posts like this.

But I still need to make some thing clear.

Now I have a website (www.yourtradeagent.com) hosted in VH and made with Dreamweaver 8.

In about a month i'm planning to buy 2 more domains (19.95 per year each?). Let's call them mysite.com and abc.com

So what i'll have at the end is my main account at public_html folder (yourtradeagent.com) with 2 folders in it (mysite + abc). Both of them will have separate ftp adresses but the same password and username.

Will it be www.abc.com or abc/public_html or yourtradeagent.com public_html/abc ?

Then, I will also be able to point my browser to www.mysite.com and www.abc.com and at no time my clients will see any sign of my main site (yourtradeagent.com).

The links will be abc.com/index.html or mysite.com/services/service1.html
    and not yourtradeagent.com/mysite/index.com

The add-on site folders will be created automatically once i purchase the new domains?

Am I correct?

One last question. I will then have to pay annually for 3 domain names (that's 59.85) + the web hosting (95.40). And that's it?

It would be great if all that's true...

Thank you.

PD How do I purchase my new domains and set them up directly to my main account?

Re: Multiple domains question

FTP access can be either as abc.com or as yourtradeagent.com/abc .

The sites will be directly accessible as www.abc.com and www.mysite.com

The folders will be automatically created when you ADD the new domains as ADDON domains, and NOT when you purchase them. You also need to POINT your new sites name servers to your account.

Yes, 3x19.95 + 95.40 per year.

To purchase the new domain names, please visit www.vodahostdomains.com
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you! Just one more question! What happens if I for some reason stop using my main domain (yourtradeagent.com)

What happens to addon domains?

Thank you!

Comment

Unless you close the account, the domains will continue working.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X