transferring new domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transferring new domain

HI! I just opened a domain at another hosting site (just a few days ago) The templates that they offer do not fit my needs, and I can not get FTP right for the life of me. Am I Able to transfer to you, even though it hasn't been 60 days? How do I do it? I would hate to have an ugly website for 2 months!
    bluemarlinmotors.com
    my3monkeys

Re: transferring new domain

Hi Shelz ...

I don't blame you ... Okay, since your domain is not yet 60 days old, you cannot transfer, (just the rules for the entire world) however, that is not a problem because you are still able to have your domain with voda hosting. When you open your account with voda hosting you can then point this domain to your voda servers, use the blue voda website builder to publish your site and have a nice looking site. You can join via the products & prices link at the top of this forum.

Welcome!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I'm not quite sure that I understand what you mean. I don't want a different domain name.. I need the name that I got with the "other place". how do I still use Voda software? (sorry.. I'm kinda new at all this)
      Thanks.
      bluemarlinmotors.com
      my3monkeys

Comment

Originally posted by shelz013 View Post
        I'm not quite sure that I understand what you mean. I don't want a different domain name.. I need the name that I got with the "other place". how do I still use Voda software? (sorry.. I'm kinda new at all this)
        Thanks.
        Lady isn't telling you to get a new domain, she is saying that you can't change yours for 60 days as this is the rule generally, but that you can still open your account with Vodahost and then just repoint your domain to the voda servers. You don't actually have to move the domain over, just repoint it through your registrants control panel.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
          Lady isn't telling you to get a new domain, she is saying that you can't change yours for 60 days as this is the rule generally, but that you can still open your account with Vodahost and then just repoint your domain to the voda servers. You don't actually have to move the domain over, just repoint it through your registrants control panel.
          ok.. I don't have to move it until after the 60 days is over... but what does "repoint it" mean? How does that work?When I open the voda account, do I create a new name, or do I use the name I have from the other place?
          I'm sorry to be such a bother.
          bluemarlinmotors.com
          my3monkeys

Comment

ok.. I don't have to move it until after the 60 days is over... but what does "repoint it" mean? How does that work?When I open the voda account, do I create a new name, or do I use the name I have from the other place?
            I'm sorry to be such a bother.
            ok, firstly...you are NOT a bother. We all have to learn this at some point.

You don't HAVE to move your domain name before OR after the 60 days. You can leave it exactly where it is (this will also simplify things for you).

Most of the time, when you get a domain name you should be given access to some kind of control panel where you can alter settings of that domain.

You log in to there and look for something like 'Release name servers' or 'repoint server' or 'DNS management'. It should tell you what the current servers addresses are. Next to this is usually fillable empty boxes where you can write new server addresses. If you are the slightest unsure, you can email your registrant and they can probably do it for you.

Now, when you purchase your account through VH, it will ask you to either purchase the account with a new domain, or to purchase it using your existing domain. You choose that second option. They will send you a welcome email with amongst other things, your server settings.
            E.g

ns13.vodahost.com 74.52.42.242
            ns14.vodahost.com 74.52.42.243

Am I making sense or have i confused you more? ; - )
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Marincky.. thank you.
              That makes perfect sense...I will look on my current host to see if I have those abilities.
              bluemarlinmotors.com
              my3monkeys

Comment

Marincky.. thank you.
                That makes perfect sense...I will look on my current host to see if I have those abilities.
                Any problems, just come back to us.

Comment

Hello there!

I am also new here and in exactly the same situation as Shelz.... I am about to send an email to my present hosting company and ask them to transfer my domain name to Voda.

Could you kindly let me know what type of details I should give them. Do I need to register with Voda first and buy their package?

Many thanks

Comment

click the below....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                      Most of the time, when you get a domain name you should be given access to some kind of control panel where you can alter settings of that domain.

You log in to there and look for something like 'Release name servers' or 'repoint server' or 'DNS management'. It should tell you what the current servers addresses are. Next to this is usually fillable empty boxes where you can write new server addresses. If you are the slightest unsure, you can email your registrant and they can probably do it for you.
                      Now, when you purchase your account through VH, it will ask you to either purchase the account with a new domain, or to purchase it using your existing domain. You choose that second option. They will send you a welcome email with amongst other things, your server settings.
                      E.g

ns13.vodahost.com 74.52.42.242
                      ns14.vodahost.com 74.52.42.243

Am I making sense or have i confused you more? ; - )
                      I do not have access to a control panel where I can change those settings. So, how do I do it?
                      bluemarlinmotors.com
                      my3monkeys

Comment

I do not have access to a control panel where I can change those settings. So, how do I do it?

Check with your domain registrar, whereever it was that you purchased this domain, ask them to repoint the servers to your servers at voda host for you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                        X