• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • viper225
    Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2007

New Account

Hello,
    I have an existing account, and now just opened another, or should I say transfered over the domain name, option B when you open a new account.
    My confusing questions, sorry for this:

a. this is the old web site which still exist: http://www.raritanvalleybassmasters.com/ when I get my welcome letter can I begin to publish the new web site?

b. Do I need to do something else, or everything is done automatically, meaning, I have created the new site in bluevoda and I'm OK to publish?

c. I'm reading this, "I will update my name servers only" when opening, I mean transfer over domain name? not sure if i have to do something else?
    Elliott Liardo
    New Jersey Bass Federation
    www.NJBassFederation.com
    www.AmandaLiardo.com
  • viper225
    Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2007

Re: New Account

OK,
    Did some more reading up.

I'm not the administrator, or owner of the domain name, and need to be added as administrator, or not?

I also need to have it unlocked for transfer, correct me if I'm wrong, or just the owner/administrator does?

I set up the account already, and paid the fee, will this mess things up?

I just got the welcome e-mail as well. I tried to publish the site, and it did seem to publish, but have no idea where it went, cause the site remains the same.

pun.. the song remains the same...lol led zep.
    Elliott Liardo
    www.NJBassFederation.com
    www.AmandaLiardo.com

Comment

• Karen Mac
      General

• Apr 2006

Yes... you are correct.. why arent you the admin if you own it? You published but you will have to locate it until the domain transfers by the ip number in your welcome letter

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• viper225
        Second Lieutenant

• Jan 2007

Hi,
        I'm not the owner, if I mentioned that, my apologies. The web site is our club site. The new one in bluevoda I have created and have been assigned the web master for it. I did do what you said about the IP address, and see the web site, looks good. My only concern now is getting the domain name to be correct in the address bar. I guess that has to do with what I said before. Is there anything else that can be done faster?
        Elliott Liardo
        www.NJBassFederation.com
        www.AmandaLiardo.com

Comment

Working...
        X