Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add-Ons with Package

Hi All,

Could someone provide any information relating to the ad-ons (Domain ID protect, Dedicated IP Address and Rapid SSL Certificate).

If I have already activated my account but have not selected Domain ID protect is it too late so not to receive spam etc.

What is the advantage of a dedicated IP Address.

Thanks

Re: Add-Ons with Package

Hi GH

You can at any time order domain name protect from voda host simply by submitting an order .. instead of your name and contact information showing at WHOIS Servers, it instead will be VH. It has been known that spam harvesters crawl these areas to gather information, although these areas are being protected by this, but all in all it is a good choice to name protect ..

A dedicated IP address is an address that is unique to your site. You are the only site on that address, whereas if you do not have a dedicated ip, you will share your server with others who are also hosting.

Rapid SSL Certifcates encrypt communication between the user and a website that offers ecommerce or the need for secure information, keeping this information secure and confidential, things like credit cards, address, private information.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi LadyEye,

Thanks for your quick response. I am in the process of buliding a website for Yoga which will have products available to purchase. Looks like I would be best to have a dedicated IP address and Rapid SSL and Domain ID protect.

Cheers,
      Ghiggia

Comment

Well you will need that only based on your cart. If you build in soho then yes you will need it.. if you build in bv and use paypal or mals ecart or cart manager you wont. First decide how you are building, then decide if you need the dedicated ip and ssl.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

hi gh .. yw .. I see karen has you covered, but here is a convenient link to vh products that you mention.. Good Luck with your choices .. plan your work and work your plan .. decide what will work best for what you want to accomplish ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks for the info

I will be using bluevoda and I wanted to be able to sell (small volume) cd's, books, dvd etc via paypal or by credit card payment. The webpage will mainly focus on timetables for yoga classes, workshop and retreats information etc.

Comment

yw .. if you are doing small volume I would consider the paypal option which handles all the secure functions you need as well as your banking, keeps things small .. and you don't need to lay out alot of cash in the beginning, and you can always change should you grow and need a full ecomm site .. or you can go big and get it all, lol ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Is there much difference in the rates PayPal deducts from each sale and the the other types of payment systems? Or does it matter more from how many items you sell?

Comment

Originally posted by Vastame View Post
                  Is there much difference in the rates PayPal deducts from each sale and the the other types of payment systems? Or does it matter more from how many items you sell?

Paypal charges you a percentage of your sale, I think it's around 3 - 5% - you can check with them, they list it all there for you to see ...

The other would depend on where you set up your merchant account and what their service fees are ... this would be on top of the purchase of the ssl certificate you would require to accept credit cards on your website.

It depends how much business you hope to or intend on doing.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                  X