• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mark uk
    Corporal

• Dec 2007

Pre hosting redirecting questions

Hi,
    I’ve been reading your support forum and think I will be joining but got a few things to sort out first.
    At the moment my website is www.grimebusters-london.co.uk which is hosted by 123 reg.co.uk and www.grimeforce.co.uk which is parked with 123.reg.
    What I have been trying to do with 123 reg is to host www.grimeforce.co.uk and have www.grimebusters-london.co.uk redirected to www.grimeforce.co.uk using a 301 permanent redirect.
    123 reg do not support a 301 and have never heard of it only 302 tempory move which does not transfer page ranking like a 301 does.
    If I want to do this with a HT Access file with 123 reg I would have to purchase another hosting package just for the HT Access file.

My Questions:

1] Do you do a server side 301 permanently moved from www.grimebusters-london.co.uk to the new site www.grimeforce.co.uk. If not I believe I can do this with an HT Access file with the same hosting package.

2] Have looked on Who Is it does not list anything about administrative contact. But if you click on my site on Who Is I’m contactable.

3] I have to contact my hosting company to change IPS tag to ENOM and also unlock my domain. Is that correct?
    When transferring to your hosting package the main new site www.grimeforce.co.uk is a free transfer and would have to pay for www.grimebusters-london.co.uk
    Many thanks
    Mark
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Pre hosting redirecting questions

1) You can do 301 redirects in your VodaHost control panel.
    2) Not a question.
    3) a. enom is correct
    3) b. we offer one free transfer.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• mark uk
      Corporal

• Dec 2007

HI VodaHost
      Thank you for the reply

RE question 2 above I should've have read the three easy steps properly

I have contacted 123reg to have my e-mail address put on the whois I was told can do this through the control panel which I have done Christmas eve
      I believe this is a manual input on the whois so probably won't get done until after the holidays

Question.
      Is it possible once I have a hosting package to put my websites which is
      www.Grimebusters-London.co.uk which is active and www.grimeforce.co.uk which is parked
      With123 reg on to your hosting package and transfer the ISP tag once the whois has been updated
      Many thanks
      Mark

Comment

• mark uk
        Corporal

• Dec 2007

Hi VodaHost,

I have spoken to nominet on the phone yesterday regarding my e-mail address being put on whois(your three easy steps).
        They told me there is no way on this earth would they allow this information to be put on whois for a .co.uk.

My existing hosting expires in 10 days so I would appreciate your assistance in trying to sort this out as soon as possible.
        Many thank
        Mark

Comment

• VodaHost

• Mar 2005

who is hosting you now?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• mark uk
            Corporal

• Dec 2007

Hi VodaHost,
            www.Grimebusters-London.co.uk which is active and www.grimeforce.co.uk which is parked
            With 123-reg.co.uk

Many thank

Mark

Comment

• VodaHost

• Mar 2005

Great....No need to transfer...

1) create your VodaHost account.
              2) login to your 123reg control panel and change your dns name servers settings to the below....

ns1.voda21.com
              ns2.voda21.com

Click the below to learn how to do this....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• mark uk
                Corporal

• Dec 2007

Hi VodaHost,
                Thank you for the reply
                Got a couple of questions before setting up my hosting account with you

Questions1
                Can I put my website names www.Grimebusters_london.co.uk and www.grimeforce.co.uk onto the hosting package and update the DNS and ISP tag settings when ready.
                As I want as little downtime as possible

Questions2
                When doing a redirect do I have two redirect all pages on the site or just the site name?
                I think it all pages.
                Thank you for all your help.
                Mark

Comment

• navaldesign
                  General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

1. Yes, you can. Then you can redirect once you have the sites ready.
                  2. You don't redirect, you POINT (change the nameservers to point to the ones of your VH account) and automatically the ENTIRE site will be as hosted in your VH account, not only a single page. Please note that you need to change the DNS for BOTH your domain names.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• mark uk
                    Corporal

• Dec 2007

We you say automatically the ENTIRE site will be as hosted in your VH account,
                    Not only a single page

Questions1
                    Does this mean you automatically upload the files and I do not have to upload myself

re Questions2
                    When doing a 301 redirect from www.Grimebusters_london.co.uk to www.grimeforce.co.uk on your hosting do I have to redirect all pages on the site or just the site name?
                    I think it all pages.

Thank you for all your help.
                    Mark

Comment

• navaldesign
                      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

1. No, it means that when a visitor ytypes your domain name in his browser, he gets redirected to your VH account, so he sees the pages that you have there. However you need to upload the pages.

2. You can have a 301 redirect through your Control panel here at VH. If you redirect through this, the entire site is redirected because you redirect the site name.
                      Navaldesign
                      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                      X