Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Vodahost, but looks good so far

Hi,

I am in the process of rebuilding my personal website. i have some questions regarding images.

I have about 300 family images, where when i have been messing about on Bluevoda website builder, you can do what i have been trying to do manually for ages using html (i know nothing about html), and that is make thumbnails.
    My question is:
    • Is there a set number of images i can put on my website?
    • How many Images would you suggest putting on one page?, bearing in mind some of my family only have at the most a 48k connection.
    • Also when i have double clicked to open the gallery you have a radio button for
      Generate Thumbnail Images - Prefix tn_
      , i found an appication to make thumbnails and they already have a prefix of tn. Does that matter? or do i leave it unticked?
    thanks
    Gary

Re: New to Vodahost, but looks good so far

Hi Gary,

BlueVoda has a "Lightbox" album maker which will make the thumbs for you automatically which is also resizable.

You only have to insert images in the size you would want your viewer to view the images.

If you are set on thumbs which is double work in filing and building you can use the "Pixresizer" which will create a folder full of images into thumbs in a jiffy.

Click on "Bakars Orchid Gallery" below to see the "Lightbox" in action.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
    X