Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is one account enough? (and other questions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is one account enough? (and other questions)

Greetings from Ireland

1. My husband and I want to build 2 websites for our 2 separate small businesses. Obviously, we will need to purchase a second domain name. Otherwise, is there any reason why we would need more than one account?

2. We accasionally get a lot of large emails, and our present ISP (whom we will be more than happy to leave) has a limit on the total size of emails in the account (I think it's 15 or 20MB), which means that when we're on holiday, vital email may get "bounced". Can we be sure this won't happen with a Vodahost account?

3. I understand that we get one free domaine name. If I wanted to transfer a .ie (Ireland) domain name as our 2nd, could this be managed?

4. The computer guy who recommended you has a couple of Vodahost ads on his website. Does everyone have to have these?

Thanks a lot. We're very interested so far.
    Clare

Re: Is one account enough? (and other questions)

1) You can host 2 and even more domains on one account

2) The only limit on the size of your inbox is the disk space limit for your account, which would be unlimited gigs,

3) You probably won't be able to transfer a .ie domain because it is country specific. Most country top level domains can only be registered at a company based in that country. However pointing your nameservers to your VH account has practically the same effect.

4) No, you don't have to have any ads on your website, the person who referred you did that by choice

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks for the helpful info, Watdaflip. Much appreciated.

Just one further query about "pointing my nameservers to my VH account" - is this straightforward or could there be any problem? I ask because applying for a .ie involves red tape (proof of i.d., tax certs etc) and expense. But I'll probably go ahead if I know I'll be able to use it. Do you know if VH has other .ie clients who do this? And do I need to check with Ireland's Domain Registry or the reseller I buy from?

Thanks again
      Clare

Comment

The only issue with pointing the name servers is it takes up to a day or two for the new information to propagate on the internet. There is no need for a proof of id, tax, or expenses to change your nameservers (Unless the registrar of your domain, but there is probably some rule against them doing that). Technically every user does this, just many use vodahost for their registrar as well.. But there shouldn't experience any problems with you pointing your nameservers

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
        X