• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rahj
    Private First Class

• Jun 2006

Mac software

Do you have web builder software for Macs? I'd like to launch it from my G4 Mac 400mhz. computer.
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Mac software

BV only works on windows. Soho may be a solution for you as it is used through your browser (it run on the server)

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• Rahj
      Private First Class

• Jun 2006

Thanks for you comments, General. I'll look into SOHO.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Rahj View Post
        Thanks for you comments, General. I'll look into SOHO.
        ....OR >> Joomla, phpNuke, Drupal, Mambo, Xoops, or any of the other available web builder scripts included Free in Fantastico (one-click installations) with each VodaHost account..... all server-side online applications also
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Rahj
          Private First Class

• Jun 2006

Thank you Generalissimo Vasili . Since I'm an old novice, in layman's terms, does this mean that I can work through my browser(Firefox) and design a Web site on this site and then publish it?
          Also I'd like to do a Record Label and Artist website and sell my Cds. online. What would you recommend ( I just have a few items to start with and would like to download songs) . And is this possible to accomplish this digital downloading for a do-it-yourselfer?
          My wife has a PC but I want to use my Mac to keep my web site operating.
          I'm asking a lot of you I know but appreciate any comments.
          Maybe I'm missing something , but does this cost under $100 a year?

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Yes, you can use any browser to administrate online any of these tools mentioned above, including Soholaunch.

However, new details emerge, and are cause for me to refine your selection: since you need an eCommerce capable foundation (and one that needs to incorporate downloadable products as well as hard deliverable goods), I would steer you back to Soholaunch, for not only does it have the very capabilities you require, it is the easiest to learn to manage and implement quickly!

Joomla does have an eCommerce feature, but since it is an "enhanced CMS" foundation, the need to get your feet wet with basic "coding" will probably overwhelm you initially as well as hamper your affinity to it as you grow....

Soholaunch is included in the Fantastico section of your Control Panel, and is only one of the many wonderful "freebies" available to every VodaHost customer with every account. You should really take another gander at the features of every VodaHost account (all for only $7.95 a month = $95.40/yr.), for the monthly bandwidth and storage allowances alone can't be beat!

Be sure you have your Business Plan and Website Plan penciled (along with permissions to download titles and/or copyrighted materials), as this will prove essential to a progressive and productive beginning.

I'll be waiting for you on the other side!

Comment

• Rahj
              Private First Class

• Jun 2006

Hello Vasilli, or who ever else may be available. This Rahj again. I will join soon(awaiting funds) but I've been planning my site on Illustrator and studying the process. I saw on the SOHO FAQs that I'd have to use Virtual PC software on my mac to design the web site. Is this true even though the software remains on the web?
              Also would it be feasible to use a gradient colored background for the pages. and also how do I fix the page so that it fills the window that one would open to view my site?

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Rahj View Post
                I saw on the SOHO FAQs that I'd have to use Virtual PC software on my mac to design the web site. Is this true even though the software remains on the web?
                No, you can login to Soho's Control Panel to immediately access and configure the website, but to do many of the customizations such as modify add-ons, create special effects, or reset any applications that are PC-based, you will need to find a means to convert them or otherwise manipulate them if using MAC.

Since Soholaunch is an online application (as you already know), and despite favoring IE, you can successfully use Safari to mantain your Soho installation without sacrificing and functionality whatsoever, as php is neither PC or MAC specific.

However, if in the case of truly "designing" your look and feel, you will defintely need to follow protocol in "common customizing" the php files which are standard HTML files, which in turn are accessible via PC-based Notepad --- this is possibly where using Virtual PC might be the case, for you need to re-save files in the appropriate extension (as well as open HTML files in the Notepad capability of ".txt" if you do not have a suitable title such as DreamWeaver).

Comment

• Rahj
                  Private First Class

• Jun 2006

Thank you Vasilli, I understand.(salute).

Comment

Working...
                  X