• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mstuf
    Private First Class

• Mar 2008

Switching my Domain Name to BV

Hello - Newbie here
    I have owned a .com web domain name since 2000 through another registration company. I have tried several times to use the site and they tell me that I cannot use it for commercial Purposes.
    In my last dealing with them I attempted to get information about how to move the registration to somewhere that I could use it. After all, why would I want to have it if I cannot use it. The phone rep continued to circle me around, refusing to answer directly, telling me that until it expires in 2010 that I am stuck with what I have. I attempted to set up simple pages giving information and leading to another site where I sell items and was shut down, since that was using the site for commercial purpose.
    I have read the switching domain registration thread here at BV and will follow those steps to attempt to prepare to do so before I sign up.

My Question -- Can they stop me from doing so? I am the administrative contact -- I have access to my account.

The BV FAQ states " All initiated transfers will require a confirmation e-mail which is sent to the administrator of the domain name, which must be approved."
    After the last contact with them, I have a feeling it will not go easily. I fear they will again tell me that it connot be done. I am not technically **** enough about this subject to argue intelligently with them as they start throwing out Server terms and IP Numbers - protocol terms etc etc. Any other details about what I should know or say would be appreciated to help me get this confirmation email from them.

Thanks
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Switching my Domain Name to BV

1) We can not comment on the ethics or business practices of other web hosts...There are just too many of them to keep track...But it sounds pretty bad.
    2) Click Here to create a VodaHost account.
    3) If they wont assist with the transfer, tell them to update your DNS to the below....

ns1.voda23.com
    ns2.voda23.com

It will take them 5 seconds to do this....If they refuse...You have a problem.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X