• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laindia
    Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2006

Domain Name Transfer

I have a friend who wishes me to redo a website. It's a local company who isn't happy with there site. I plan on recommending the company here to Voda and redoing site. My problem is. Domain Transfer. I did a search of the domain. Says it cannot be transfered. Not sure. Please advice me if I can transfer the domain to your server. I believe they purchase the webspace or what not through qwest. From my experience on many different programs I have found that I enjoy Voda and all it offers for websites with ease of use. How would I go around transfering domain name so there website can be rebuilt to there satisfaction? It will start from scratch. The web address is www.freshpure.com . Is it transferable to voda? If so can you please give me instructions on how to do this once new account is purchased. I already have an account. But this account I will purchase will be strickly for this company. Thanks Carolyn
    sigpic
  • sedona
    Major General

• Jun 2007

Re: Domain Name Transfer

Hi Carolyn,

You do not need to transfer the domain name. If you go into Network Solutions you will see how to 'point' the domain to its new VodaHost servers once the account is established. Since you are not the registered owner your client will have to do this but you can do the footwork and the registrar will provide additional help if needed.
    Good luck...
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

• laindia
      Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2006

Hi again,
      If I purchase this, rebuild the website. Once complete. Will I be able to just transfer all to the company. Basicly can all info be changed to reflect the companies name, Ownership. For now, I would be putting in my name while I'm rebuilding the site, ect. Once complete I will be training another in there company on how to maintain the site and put new information and such. I would prefer to build the site with no limitations and once complete I want to release it to them with all my information removed as ownership once completed. I will be designing the template for them and everything on site and would prefer to have unlimited access until complete in case I have problems and need help from Voda. Also thanks for the other information. Great help.
      sigpic

Comment

• laindia
        Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by sedona View Post
        Hi Carolyn,

You do not need to transfer the domain name. If you go into Network Solutions you will see how to 'point' the domain to its new VodaHost servers once the account is established. Since you are not the registered owner your client will have to do this but you can do the footwork and the registrar will provide additional help if needed.
        Good luck...
        Can you please provide the link to the Network Solutions? Thanks
        sigpic

Comment

• sedona
          Major General

• Jun 2007

Carolyn,

If I were going to build a site for a client I would have them set up their own VodaHost account at the outset. You can sign up for an affiliate account and they can sign up through you - it would be up to you how or if to rebate them. Once they receive their login info they can give it to you, you can build and publish the site until it is complete, your replacement is trained, and when you're through you're through. The password for the account could be reset and total control handed over to them. A simple contract would also be a very good idea.

There is an excellent thread on this topic here.

The domain is already in their name so that's good, but you will have to get the password from them if you will be the one to configure the domain with the new VodaHost servers. The registrar of record is Network Solutions.
          Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Working...
          X