• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yourgmsolutions
    Staff Sergeant

• Mar 2008

I want to switch provider. input needed

Hi everybody. I am currently dealing with yahoo and their web builder software. and I can't deal with them no more. their programm is very outdated, worst customer support ever, so I can't take this anymore. I went to google to see what else is out there and founded this forum. After doing some reading and searching here, its sounds like Voda just like what I am looking for. plus having forum is really great idea.
    here is my questions.
    1. If I cancel yahoo, I don't want loose my domain name ( how do i do that?)
    2. I have some files on their web hosting, how do i transfer them?
    3. what about my email address ? right now in order to have access to them. I have to use yahoo account
    thanks in advance. Mark
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: I want to switch provider. input needed

1) No problem, you will not loose your domain...We will transfer it over to VodaHost free of charge.
    2) I don't know how Yahoo works...But I assume you would login to their server and download your files via FTP.
    3) After you join us, you will have to re-create your email accounts in your VodaHost control panel...This takes about 5 seconds.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• yourgmsolutions
      Staff Sergeant

• Mar 2008

Originally posted by VodaHost View Post
      1) No problem, you will not loose your domain...We will transfer it over to VodaHost free of charge.
      2) I don't know how Yahoo works...But I assume you would login to their server and download your files via FTP.
      3) After you join us, you will have to re-create your email accounts in your VodaHost control panel...This takes about 5 seconds.

ok, I am in.
      where do I start ?

Comment

• yourgmsolutions
        Staff Sergeant

• Mar 2008

One more question. I a little bit confuse.
        Voda host home page offers BlueVoda sitebuilder and/or soholaunch
        what is the differense between those two?

Comment

• LadyEye
          General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hi and welcome ..

You can order up your hosting now using your current domain name that you have with yahoo. Once you receive your hosting account you can then request the free domain transfer to voda hosting. You will receive a few emails from voda host, you will mainly be looking for and wanting to save the email entitled "log in information" .. this will provide you with the username and passwords necessary for you to access your control panel and publishing from the website builder itself.

Blue Voda is the popular website builder with many awesome website building tools to customize your website in whatever fashion you like. Soholaunch is mainly used as a shopping cart website and you are restricted in your design in comparison with Blue Voda.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• yourgmsolutions
            Staff Sergeant

• Mar 2008

thanks LadyEye. I am just about to sign with Voda host but have a few questions.
            1. Dedicated IP Address (option) I though I have one with my internet provider
            2. Rapid SSL Certificate
            Do I really need them? and if I do, what's the benefit have it.
            thanks again.
            Mark

Comment

• jkadin
              Brigadier General

• Jan 2008

I to is switching from yahoo, there service is horrible you came to the right place I have a statistic problem with yahoo for five months now. So far here if I had a question got the answer in no time. You can't even compare the site builder blue voda leaves yahoo site builder in the dust. Good luck to you you been drafted.
              sigpicJoe
              Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
              The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Working...
              X