information on .ie domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• information on .ie domain

I'm building a web site and the Voda Host package looks great, but the package doesn't have a ____.ie (Ireland) domain. Do i need to get the .ie domain myself and transfer it or do i have to get a _____.com domain for VH to host my web site?
    The web site i'm building is geared towards the Irish market, as it's a trades directory. Do i have to get an host in Ireland or would Voda Host be able to host it for me?
    I'm new to web building/domain names, so any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.......
    dG......

Re: information on .ie domain

You would have to register the domain with an Irish company and point the nameservers to vodahost servers. Vodahost is an American company, it is not allowed to register.ie domain names.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

point the nameservers to vodahost server

Is this a major job "pointing nameservers" or do I just tell the company that i register with, that VH is going to host it for me?
      Thanks Watdaflip
      dG......

Comment

Originally posted by dGeneral View Post
        point the nameservers to vodahost server

Is this a major job "pointing nameservers" or do I just tell the company that i register with, that VH is going to host it for me?
        Thanks Watdaflip
        Haven't done it for awhile and each registrar is probably a little different but no, it's not anything you can't manage. Log into your (registrar) account, click 'manage domains' or similar and the process should become clear to you (under 'change servers' or the like. If you need help they should talk you through it.

Good luck....
        Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Make sure you have your VodaHost server information handy...
          Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Thanks Ken for the info....
            dG......

Comment

Working...
            X