• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • housewaresupplys
    Corporal

• Mar 2008

Text Area Tab

I used the Text Area Tab to enter in information on one of my pages. When I went to preview it I was able to change the text. I am hoping this won't happen when I publish it, don't want my visitors able to change my text I created.
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Text Area Tab

Hi, the text area is really for email forms. Was there any reason for needing to use this for your text & not the normal text button for inserting text ?
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

The text only changes in the user's screen, when the page is reloaded, the original text will appear.

However, if you want to make it not editable, right click the text area, select HTML, and in the "Inside tag" paste the word readonly
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• housewaresupplys
        Corporal

• Mar 2008

To; Collectors-info.. The reason I wish to use the text area is that some of the products I am selling have an extreme amount of information which I don't want to take up all the space on the page. The text area is perfect for people who want this info to scroll through while only using a limited amount of space. I tried using the inline frame tab but I couldn't transfer the information with cut and paste like the text-area lets me do. Do you have any other suggestions ?

Comment

• Watdaflip
          Major General

• Sep 2005

The inline frame is an idea solution.

Just make a page with all of the information you want to display in the iframe (you should be able to copy and paste and format how you like)

Set the source of the iframe to this new page you made

It should then display correctly in the iframe

Also I would put a link above or below the iframe to the source page (that page with all of the information) so people can print it out. Using just an iframe or textarea will result in just the portion of the content that is viewable to be printed

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• housewaresupplys
            Corporal

• Mar 2008

Ok, so then I need to make a information page for everyproduct I sell. I plan on selling over 200 products on this site. Seams like alot pages to create and publish.

Comment

• Watdaflip
              Major General

• Sep 2005

... you wanted suggestions... (you should really give as much info as possible in the future).

If you just want to copy and paste the code and be done with it, either do what naval suggested in the third post of this thread.... you can set the textarea to read only.

Or, just use this css code
              overflow:auto; And then make the text box small (it should cut off a lot of the text).

That code will basically just add a scroll bar if the text is longer then what can be displayed in the defined area.

I can't really say how to do this with BV (I don't use BV), I know BV uses div tags for its element placement, and this code needs to be placed inside that div tag, and BV will set the width and height of the div tag, but I don't know if it will let you make the text box smaller then the amount of text present. It will probably define the style attribute, which is where the css code needs to be, so I don't know if this method will even work at all with BV.

Basically it should look like
              <div style="overflow: auto; width: 300px; height: 200px;">Text</div>

where the numbers are arbitrary ones I picked.

Sorry this might not make sense, its kind of hard to explain, especially when trying to explain how to do it in BV without being able to tell you exactly what to do.

I hope it made sense

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• housewaresupplys
                Corporal

• Mar 2008

Sorry; I am still extremely new to this. I didn't mean to come off abrasive. There are so many things to absorb at once it can become overwelming. I truly appreciate the advice and will try include more information next time.

Comment

• Collectors-info
                  General

• Feb 2006

Hi, i see what you are trying to do & if you want to do this, the in line frame would be best. Personally in this situation, i would have a link to a more detailed page, or a popup with extended info about the product. This can be done with either click for more info or can be set as a mouse over action.
                  Either way it will involve more pages.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                  X