X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small web designer

Hi

I am graphic designer who has, through necessity, been dragged kicking and screaming into the world of web design. I use Dreamweaver CS3 and Flash CS3 mainly. I have yet to subject myself the the misery of learning database driven sites but sadly accept that I shall have to learn to do it at some point.

At present I have about 25 sites I host in the UK.

On your intro you seem to be targeting people who just want to host their own sites whereas I need to host lots of sites some with multiple POP3 boxes (rarely more than three per domain). For my own work I also have an ftp server which is accessible from my own website and is hosted in the same place. Your price seems very cheap in comparison with what I am paying at present, but obviously with paying clients websites in my hands which are a vital part of their businesses I have to be very careful where I place them. I need to have full control over the sites and e-mail boxes I host.

I was recommended to you by Trevor Toms of Printsetters who is positively evangelical about your services, but he only has one site and isn't a web designer.

Are your servers Linux or Microsnot based? My current hosts are Linux based, but I have no preference except that I understand that using a microsnot based system is easier if you are learning the data base stuff from scratch especially if you're not good atr programming stuff. I'm artistic not a number cruncher.

Sorry to make this such a long series of questions but I am sure you will understand with other businesses in my hands I have to be uber careful with them. If this package isn't suitable for my needs do you have a package more tailored to small town web designers?

Kind regards

Ralph Ferrand

Re: Small web designer

Hi Ralph

Each client will require their own hosting account. You cannot resell vh space and your own account can only serve your own domains.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Small web designer

Also the servers are all linux

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
      X