Moving Site to Voda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Site to Voda

I've built and maintained a web site at another host since 2000 and after using Voda recently for a new site I've created, I want to relocate the old site here. First I guess I will need to transfer the domain www.hobackranches.com to VodaHost and create another host account. I am paid up with the current host through September. I have sent them an email asking if a refund would be available if I want to move before Sept. Not sure if they do that kinda thing but its worth asking. Next, is there an easy way to transfer all the pages to Voda or do I have to upload them all individually? Thanks for your input.

Re: Moving Site to Voda

You dont have to make a new account unless you need ssl or something on this site...just make a new domain on it, and point the domain to Voda server you have currently. You can download all your pages from one host and up them to voda, unless u wanna rebuild them using bv. Looks like they are all html, so you should just be able to ftp them up and they should work. If you use an ftp client, instead of the cpanel file manager you can select all ...download.. then select all upload to the new server at once.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have to keep these sites paid for seperately as the one I intend to move over is a donation from my business to the hoback ranches. I have donated all the costs associated with the creation, maintenance and hosting with business funds so I need to keep it seperate from my exsisting, personally financed Voda site. So I was thinking: open a new account for my business, build a "real" site for it and add the hoback site to that account. Leaving my exsisting vodahost account as my "personal" account.

Does that sound like the best way to consolidate everything under one provider while still keeping the money seperate? I would at least like to get the domain name hobackranches transferred as soon as possible even if the pages have to stay on the other host until my subscription expires.

Sorry for rambling, I'm just thinking outloud trying to make sure I cover everything.

Comment

Yes.. by all means get the second account.. you are on the right track, so yes you could easily manage and track both accounts. And as I said..since you are using html.. wouldnt take much to transfer it, I didnt go thru the whole thing but id think even with images less than an hour or so.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Once I ftp them all over will I be able to modify them using blue voda, or would I have to recreate them entirely? The site is badly out dated as far as design goes, it was my first attempt at web building in 2000. :)

Comment

Working...
          X