Does BV and VH support blogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does BV and VH support blogs?

I'm in the process of examining the requirements for blogs and may be interested in running the open-source WordPress blogging software and I was wondering if VH account supported the following:
    • PHP 4.3 or greater
    • MySQL 4.0 or greater
    • The mod_rewrite Apache module
    Thanks!

Re: Does BV and VH support blogs?

Yes,we do..WordPress is pre-installed on all our servers...You can activate it with just a few clicks....Click the below...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks, this sounds great. A question, related to this blogging idea is the language support. I may expect posts in probably three languages: English, French and Hebrew. I appreciate it that the last one may be a bit of a challenge, is it to VH? Hebrew is available as a unicode font but is written right-to-left, which is not a problem with any windows o/s that is Hebrew enabled, the question is whether the post area will accept such script. As an experiment I shall write the phrase 'Have a good day' in Hebrew below and am curious to see how it appears in this post.

שיהיה לך יום טוב

I am holding my breath and press PREVIEW, seems to work OK. Now SUBMIT.

Comment

As a quick afterthought, you may not see the Hebrew (may appear as greek) unless you configure Hebrew as another encoding you use on your Browser This can be done individually on any one's Browser. In my case of FireFox. It is under Tools>Options>Content> then select [advanced] in <Fonts & Color> and under <character encoding> pick list select
        'Hebrew (Windows-1255)'. That is if you are curious about how Hebrew looks like

Comment

Hebrew works fine in WordPress.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X