• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ms. Diva
    Private

• Jun 2008

Unlimited Domains (question)

Hello again,

I just want to make sure I get this straight to see if VodaHost has what I need in a hosting service (or exceed. we'll see)

I've asked these questions on other hosts forums and each time the answer is different which explains why I'm so confused understanding this.
    I've been hosting my pages on many many hosts in the past 10 yrs so I'm very familiar with most of it.... Here are my questions.

Q) I see that VodaHost provides unlimited domains in our account.
    Does this means if I own 3 domains, all 3 of them will be on my same account? Probably yes, but my million dollars question is?

How will the path show on the URL bar from the naked eye to all the readers of my site? Let's pretend I own these domains..

MymainDomain.com MycarDomain.com MyhouseDomain.com

And I want to view my second domain (MycarDomain.com),
    How will the path show on the web browser's URL address bar?

MymainDomain.Com/MycarDomain.com
    OR
    MycarDomain.Com ??????

I really just want to know the visual part of it not the technical part (internal path)

MainDomain, Subdomains, Addondomains whewww!.. OMG That's another chapter.

Thanks,
    Ms. Diva
    How To Make Money With NO Money
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Unlimited Domains (question)

Visually each domain will look seperate. You will be able to access

What happened to CarDomain.com - What options are there now. The Facebook of Cars or the MySpace for your Car has passed away. Why and what went wrong.

I know you said you don't want to know the internal, but it may help.

You main domain will hold the file for all additional domains (addon domains). They technically can be access http://maindomain.com/seconddomain where "seconddomain" is a directory name YOU specify to just hold the files for the second website. When you type in http://seconddomain.com, the server will automatically know to display files from the directory "seconddomain", and will treat that domain like it is the only domain on your account.

I hope that made sense... anyway just to elaborate.. In the browser address bar, each will be their own domain

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi Ms Diva,

Look at my signature at the bottom of this thread.
      The urls will look exactly like them.

The first is my main domain..........http://www.bumiweb.com

and

the second is my addon domain....http://www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• Ms. Diva
        Private

• Jun 2008

To the both of you who answered my questions...
        Believe it or not, I understood every word of it and learned some additional information.. thanks to both of you for such an eye opener reply.

So now, that I know most of it, I can't help but ask this...

What is the difference between addondomains and subdomains
        (The visual part first please)

Say I Own Lots of Real Estate and want to have seperate domains for each of my houses... for example... (lets pretend I own these domains)

Mymainrealestatepage.com BeachFrontHouses.com (subdomain) and I want to view my sub-domain only

How will the URL path display on the address bar?

Thanks so much again
        Ms. Diva

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Ms. Diva View Post
          To the both of you who answered my questions...Believe it or not, I understood every word of it and learned some additional information.. thanks to both of you for such an eye opener reply.
          So now, that I know most of it, I can't help but ask this...

What is the difference between addondomains and subdomains (The visual part first please)
          Say I Own Lots of Real Estate and want to have seperate domains for each of my houses... for example... (lets pretend I own these domains)
          Mymainrealestatepage.com BeachFrontHouses.com (subdomain) and I want to view my sub-domain only

How will the URL path display on the address bar?
          Thanks so much again Ms. Diva
          Your sub-domain would look like this, both as a URL (link), in the browser, and as a path:
          www.BeachFrontHouses.MyMainRealEstatePage.com

A sub-domain really is "attached" to the Primary domain when not an "add-on" domain to a single hosting account: think of it as an appendix (and all websites as 'mini-books'). Why is this good? Sub-domains do not require the purchase of a domain name, as they are only an "extension" of a Primary domain.
          Sub-domains are useful to larger Corporate sites, for example, as they may represent a different division, department, subsidiary, or even serve a temporary online function as might be for a product intro or Contest. Today, sub-domains are regualrly used as a destination for email links to "host" a Newsletter or broadcast announcement ... and they are "downed" after the prescribed time (for the most part, anyway).
          There are drawbacks to using sub-domains, however, and they also help predicate their use effectively:
          1. Sub-domains will suffer proper rank and results with regard to Search Engine analytics;
          2. Sub-domains are typically indescript from the Primary Domain and site, and may alternately distinctly detract or at best minimally contribute overall optimization value;
          3. Many protected Communities (AOL, Google/gMail, MSN, and even Yahoo) regularly screen out email originating from sub-domains that are not first "validated" by GoodMail (who charges anywhere from $0.0025 - $0.045 each processed email --- delivered or not);
          4. Sub-domains are not easily interfaced with any secure provisions, or, in other words, cannot share a SSL cert or be listed as "an approved site" by any ISP's
          5. Sub-domains are a popular way to cleverly name a destination for a Blog, Archive, Forum, or Gallery as a means of association with a popular or memorable Domain.

Add-on domains are singly registered domains (meaning you must purchase them each) that are "associated" within a single hosting account (hence, the "add-on"), yet remain completely independent for all aspects when hosted/published as a separate website:
          1. They are individual "destinations" on the WWW and require a site to 'present';
          2. Each add-on domain will be attributed unique values and attributes by the Search Engines, based on the current systems, which include Construct (Perfect Page Model), Content (uniqueness and compliance), and Relevancy (both within the site and to overall demonstrated Purpose and sum total metric valuations).
          3. Each add-on domain and the corresponding website require a greater band allotment, which can be measured and managed effectively, and will allow for individual Stats (information about page visits, origin of visitors, etc.) to be compiled for administration.

Clearly, individual Domains are preferred, and thus more popular as "add-on" domains to a single hosting account.

That is why the fact VodaHost allows unlimited Domains and Email Accounts is so prominently proclaimed.....in comparison (and with the sheer allottment of storage and monthly bandwidth) to other host providers, there is nothing that comes close --- which is what we understand to be greater freedom and ability to see our online visions become a reality unfettered!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi Ms Diva,

Besides the best forum support you will ever find, you will also
            be getting a Free Domain name or A Free Transfer with the purchase of a
            hosting account.

There are free pro version software waiting for you in the Treasure Chest,
            Real Estate software and a ton of others in your cPanel.

There are also free downloads and bonus offers during festive seasons.

You can become a General and get a 100 dollars free webhosting!

and............................................... ......what are you waiting for?
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• Ms. Diva
              Private

• Jun 2008

Is all crystal clear now..
              Unbelievable!
              I do want to access that famous "Treasure Chest" zone indeed
              My current host is ending this month so I'll be making my move soon to have plenty of time to transfer and organize all my files.. I know how ugly it gets when transferring files and have no time to do so.. YIKES!

You've all been a HUGE help to me.
              I appreciate it.
              Once again a BIG THANKS to all!

Ms. Diva

Comment

• boondoggle
                Corporal

• Aug 2008

Hi there,
                I already have a domain and a site hosted by Vodahost. If I purchase a second domain name will I have to also subscribe for another hosting account? or can I host it in the same account- liker main/add-on domain?

Comment

• jkadin
                  Brigadier General

• Jan 2008

You can have it on the same account and use it as a add on domain voda host you can have unlimited domains
                  sigpicJoe
                  Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                  The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

• Sunchaser
                    First Lieutenant

• Nov 2007

Subdomains can also add page rank value. If a subdomain is sufficiently differentiated from the main domain - it might well receive links in its own right. (Google values these type of links that go deep into a site - rather than just links to the main URL)

Comment

Working...
                    X