Can I...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I...............

Build a site & have it up & running in 4 days?

I am part of a very new, fast growing & unique kind of animal rescue forum in the UK & have somehow managed to get volunteered to build a site!
    I have no idea how to do this & it has to be up & running by the 01/07/08 that only gives me 4 DAYS!!! I am panicking big time.
    I have downloaded BlueVoda & it looks pretty easy to use even to me, but it's everything else that scares me..........How do I upload the site if I ever get it built? How do I add a download page for forms & flyers? how do I add scrolling text? the list is endless & I am becoming more & more terrified with every passing second.
    I can do graphics for the site no problem & already have the logo & other bits for the site, I just don't have the site!

Please tell me if an idiot like me can do this with Vodahost & in the time scale I have?..........I'm desperate

Re: Can I...............

Hi Woof,
    No problem, there are so many people here who can help you.

If time is a factor you can also ask somebody here to do it for
    you for a resonable fee.

All you need to start is a Domain Name and a Hosting account with VodaHost How to order....
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

They already have a domain name & oh how I would love for someone to do it for me.........Sadly as it is a rescue the funds are not there, I will be paying the host fee myself as they were looking for a free host & I don't believe that is the best way to go. I have looked at so many hosts & I do like the look of Vodahost but my head is spinning & I am so terrified by it all I can't seem to make my mind up & just want to turn off the pc & run away.

What an earth is FTP, PHP, MYSQL????????? Told you I didn't have a clue.

Now going to chew off the rest of my fingernails & decide what to do.

Comment

woofbarkdonkey,

In the search function at the top of this page type in LadyEye and click posts. When you find any of her posts click on her Tutorial for Newbies in her signature.

Watch all the tutorials and follow her instructions. Best way to get started.

Ask for help very specifically and when the community can see you're doing all you can on your own help you will receive.

No time to waste on panic, just get to work

Good luck!
        Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

First off....................vist a few sites and jot them down as you like them and find things about them that you like. That makes it eaiser to tell someone helping you that you like the look of so...and...so site but really like the menu system of this site........... etc....................

Then, once you have found the elements you like - compile them into your site. it is important to have a rough sketch in mind to build your site. A very basic site can be up and running in a few hours if you put in some serious effort.

Let us know how we can help.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

OK I think I'm gonna do this, just got to wait for hubby to sleep so that I can concentrate..............Who knows I might discover a talent.........Arrrrggggg

Thank you for your replies, I've got a few sites I like & will be looking at the tutorial by LadyEye.

Comment

As Andy says, don't be shy about asking for help.... Lots of talented and generous folks here....
              Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

I've been busy tinkering, just to make sure I could find my way around BlueVoda (it's very cool). So my question now is if I register a domain for myself can I then transfer & host more than one site from within my web space? (hope you can work out what I mean).

I am definitely going to sign up even if it's just for me, I love BlueVoda, I love this forum & how friendly & helpful everyone is..........In fact I don't know what I'm waiting for!

Comment

Originally posted by woofbarkdonkey View Post
                  I've been busy tinkering, just to make sure I could find my way around BlueVoda (it's very cool). So my question now is if I register a domain for myself can I then transfer & host more than one site from within my web space? (hope you can work out what I mean).

I am definitely going to sign up even if it's just for me, I love BlueVoda, I love this forum & how friendly & helpful everyone is..........In fact I don't know what I'm waiting for!
                  Hi .. yes blue voda is cool and awesome, it's by far the best! .. With your hosting account you can host as many of your OWN domains as you like, and don't forget your free one you receive when joining too. You can transfer all your domains to voda host as well, or point them to your vh servers. Welcome! This is a late reply so I am sure you are registered and well underway .. good luck!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks & yes the site is up & running.....I just need to find out how to sort out a few glitches, but I am quite pleased with it so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X