Template Automatic Update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template Automatic Update!

When we update/override a saved template, wouldn't it be useful if it would give us the option to automatically update all of the pages that are currently hooked into that template with the new template design?

Extending upon this, maybe an option on each individual page to "unhook" from said template (if you want a page to be independent of the others) or "hooK" into another template (taking on it's properties).

Extending again upon the last one, maybe an option that asks if we would like to discarded the objects, shapes, text boxes, pictures, etc. that the old template will leave behind after we hook into a different one (unhook from the previous template, basically). If the user chooses not to remove changes (will not unhook from previous template) then the page is hooked into both templates - any changes made to either template will be reflected upon the page.

This'd be great for a... lets say 200-300 paged website, where you want to update your copyright notice on your template or something. *thinks about it some more* Oh yes, this would be very useful.

Reminds me of Photoshop :)

Re: Template Automatic Update!

Yes it would be great if this could be somehow automated, with different options. I personally wouldn't like it to be too automated though - as in moving towards being a CMS, as I like the freedom of Blue Voda to put what I want where I want.

You can do this:
    When we update/override a saved template, wouldn't it be useful if it would give us the option to automatically update all of the pages that are currently hooked into that template with the new template design?
    with this:

With Navaldesign's php method, you can design a whole template - for a 300 page or whatever website - and later make changes to the template that change every single page on your site. You could have a totally new design for your template if you wished.

You can go into individual pages and change them to whatever style you want - manually 'unhooking' them from the template.

If you wanted to update a copyright notice - no problem at all :)

Comment

Working...
    X