Savior: The Link Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savior: The Link Manager

Yep, I'm new to Blue Voda. I've used more web authoring programs then you could shake a stick at lol. I do have another suggestion though.

Some kind of Link Manager.

What I mean by that is - lets say I have a 200+ paged website (exaggeration) that has many different links and links and more links leading to different parts of my website, external websites, etc.

Of course I'd have duplicate links, links that dynamically update, links spread around everywhere. What if one link needs to be changed? What if you update the name of a page? How are you going to go through your whole website and look for all of the links that need to be changed?! What if Google.com changed their name to E**oog.com (google spelled backwards)! Will you go through all 200 pages looking for "google.com," click here, etc. and then updating? What if you miss one? Will you wait around for your customers/visitors to report it?

That. Would. Take. Forever!

A link manager would solve this! I don't have the GUI quite straight in my head, but I can give you a vague picture of it.

Enter all your URLs and Links as you normally do in BlueVoda, but have a button or option or menu somewhere that leads to the Link Manager. Once here, they can type in the name of a link and it'll give you a few options.

1) Highlight all the text where this link exists
    2) Find function
    3) Replace/Replace All function (popup: New Url:[Enter Text])
    4) Test URL (test for existence on the net)
    5) Stats (how many times this link appears in your website, on which of your BV pages it appears on (double click to go to said link on said page), and anything else yall can think of)
    6) Did I miss something?

Only a rough draft of an idea, so I know it sounds kinda choppy. Hope I don't sound too crazy lol.

By the way, does BlueVoda come with your typical Search/Replace function for editing text and what not? If it does, I can't find it o.o Going into MS word all the time is such a pain >.<

....Maybe a Find/Replace that spans the whole website? Like if you spelled someones name wrong several times through your website - find/replace *checks "Search Whole Website" option* *click* done!

Re: Savior: The Link Manager

I have a tool called multifile editor that does this. Not sure if it will edit bv files or not thos. Havent tried it.. Ill put it on my to do list

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Savior: The Link Manager

Not quite the same, but is similar to what you are looking for. LINK
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
      X