Auto-Responder email for server lockout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-Responder email for server lockout

I put up a thread yesterday about an issue with voda18 which has mysteriously disappeared. I now have all the facts from tech support to tell you what happened.
    Yesterday early AM I was uploading pdf files to my site when the connection was lost. Nothing I did to reestablish it helped. I tried my site, site admin & cPanel. No go. I filled out a ticket and told them the server was down; in reality, for me it was. Support responded that everything was fine and no problems with the server. On my end everything was offline; support was probably scratching their heads, thinking I was nuts.
    Early this morning I was able to hook up with Hank in Support, and we emailed back & forth to resolve the problem. After explaining what I was doing on the site when it went down, Hank discovered that the server "thought" I was executing a DOS(Denial of Service attack) and locked me out. within seconds, I had access to my site & the server via Hank.
    I was not notified of this lockout, and as far as I can ascertain, neither was Support.
    A simple solution to this is if there is a server lockout, have an auto-respond email sent to the client email they signed up with; one sent to their site email obviously won't work because they can't access it. Have it say ..."Here's what happened, why, and contact Support to get your settings reset."
    This would be a win-win for both client and Support, saving time and needless troubleshooting.
    Hank knows his stuff; you better keep him!

Steve
    Steve S.
    http://golftechs.net
Working...
X