Multiple Websites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Websites

I successfully built a website using blue voda, and of course, I host it on VodaHost. For the same price, am I allowed to build more websites? And, in blue voda how do I change from one to the other. Thanks.

Re: Multiple Websites

You are allowed to have unlimted add on domains wit your voda host account as long as you own those domains. Just add a new file in your documents for each website added.
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

You will also have to create an addon domain folder in your cpanel.
      You would then publish to public_html/addondomainname
      And of course, you would have to own the addon domain name.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Thanks for your replies. Just some clarification...Is there a tutorial to do what you just said that is easy to understand? I have another domain name that I own and can use. I can't picture what you are suggesting I do. Any more step by step info would be extremely helpful. Even though I have produced a website using blue voda already, that was a few months ago...I seem to be spending an awful lot of time reviewing tutorials and am getting frustrated bec I want to get this project started already. Thanks for your help...it is REALLY appreciated.

Comment

Here is what I have done so far... I went into cpanel and went to domain ad on and created a new domain name under my original domain name. I have gone through the tutorials and am really not sure about the folder you are talking about as well as the name servers. I purchased the second domain name a while ago at go *****. Do I have to change the name servers to vodahost or can I leave them as is? Any other extra tips are appreciated because I have NO idea what I am doing right now..

Comment

Yes, if you wish to publish to your add on domain, and the domain is at another registar, yes, you will need to point the domain to your two voda hosting servers.

I will start at the top.

- Log into your domain registrar and change the name servers to the two voda servers you will find in your log in information letter.

- Log into your voda host control panel and choose the icon "Add on Domain"

- Add on the domain you own, a folder will automatically be created for you (this is called a directory, a directory and folder are the same thing)

- On your own computer, you should create a folder for this add on domain to store all your images and blue voda files in related to this new add on domain - reason so that the files do not get mixed up with your main domain files. You will need to create and publish an index page, just as you have done for your main domain.

- When you go to publish this new website you must publish to it's directory.

- public_html is the directory for your main domain. public_html/addondomain.com is the directory for your add on domain (You must physically type this after public_html in the publishing box area when you publish from blue voda)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Lady Eye thank you..is the folder I create something I can simply put on my desktop or is it in bluevoda?

I had another question that seems to be simple enough but I can't seem to find the answer. I wanted to design a very simple webpage that had a black border ( simple line) around the entire perimeter of the page. How can I do that? thanks again for your help. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
              Last edited by santoro1; 07-04-2008, 02:24 AM. Reason: thought of another idea

Comment

Originally posted by santoro1 View Post
                Lady Eye thank you..is the folder I create something I can simply put on my desktop or is it in bluevoda?

I had another question that seems to be simple enough but I can't seem to find the answer. I wanted to design a very simple webpage that had a black border ( simple line) around the entire perimeter of the page. How can I do that? thanks again for your help. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
                Check your other post it is answered
                Reguards
                Ed
                www.dsondesigns.com
                www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                www.300hitter.com
                www.bigjk.net
                How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Originally posted by santoro1 View Post

Hi, the folder you create should be located in MYDOCUMENTS/BLUEVODA - this is the natural way to save your files you create, it shouldn't be on your desktop, no .. you will want to save these files forever on your computer and a back up of the files is always a bonus in case your computer decides to take a break ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                  X