Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd like to get my website up fairly soon..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to get my website up fairly soon..

I initially downloaded Blue Voda website creator a few days ago and have been toying in it a bit, years back I had used MS Frontpage express and done an easy basic site. I came across the Soho creator today and it seems that by taking this route I would be able to get my site up quicker & keep a decently professional look with it. I think Blue Voda will take me some time to figure out.

My question is with Soho launch do I have the same freedom, or close to it, as I would creating my site with Blue Voda? I noticed that as far as things like Text font & size, there are only a few options. My website will be a business site for servicing my City with Ice Cream products. If I choose to go with Soho creator for now, just to get my site up, and spend time afterwards on a Blue Voda site, can I replace the existing site when my Blue Voda one is complete?

Re: I'd like to get my website up fairly soon..

plezse i want to create a web site

Comment

Originally posted by Cronos1247 View Post
      I initially downloaded Blue Voda website creator a few days ago and have been toying in it a bit, years back I had used MS Frontpage express and done an easy basic site. I came across the Soho creator today and it seems that by taking this route I would be able to get my site up quicker & keep a decently professional look with it. I think Blue Voda will take me some time to figure out.

My question is with Soho launch do I have the same freedom, or close to it, as I would creating my site with Blue Voda? I noticed that as far as things like Text font & size, there are only a few options. My website will be a business site for servicing my City with Ice Cream products. If I choose to go with Soho creator for now, just to get my site up, and spend time afterwards on a Blue Voda site, can I replace the existing site when my Blue Voda one is complete?
      The Text and font size will reflect whats on your computer and whats installed in windows. If you dont like a page in soho you always have the option of putting in your own customized code with the CUSTOM INCL button on the top of the page.

You could replace it with the bv site when you are ready, but keep in mind that soho is dynamically driven and runs with a database. BV isnt able to use those databases and you will be adding all your products etc.. by hand and all those product pages by hand. You will have to uninstall soho in fantastico to remove it, and then publish your site.

What you can do is design your entry pages with bv.. and install soho in a SUBdomain and then link back and forth as needed and still optimize the cart usuage and other built in features of soho. This takes a little skill to make it work smoothly and isnt for a beginner.

Personally.. I use soho.. can customize soho, and there are tons of addons and templates to choose and edit on the addons site, so it seems to me easier to contain it all in one place rather than try to work with TWO bulders to get the effect I want.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by eraskelly View Post
        plezse i want to create a web site
        Ok.. so whats stopping you?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you very much for the advice Karen, I think it sounds like for a while now I should probably just stick to Soho. As for adding additional font types to my computer, is there a section in the add ons that will allow me to do this?

Comment

Working...
          X