• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • malnsmith
    Private

• Aug 2008

Domain transfer

OK I signed up with another (highly recommended) service that has confused me from the start. I finally figured out how get to their web site builder and found it so basic that it won't let you add pictures where you want, only where its already in their design. Then tried to go in and HTML part myself (have limited knowlege) and can't get it to work right.
    ANYWAY totally frustrated with this service. Downloaded your web site builder and pretty much made my web site in no time. Luckily this service has a 30 day money back guarantee.
    I was looking up on domain transfers but it says I can't do it for 60 days. (of course past the money back period). So here are my questions.
    1) Is there really no way to transfer my domain to you if it hasn't been 60 days?
    2) If you can't really transfer it, is there a way to send people to a different web site/domain (the one I create with you guys)? What about if it really isn't on the other service anymore (I cancel their service)?
    3) If I cancel the service with the other people, AFTER the 60 days can I transfer that domain to you? How much would that be? And since I would already have service with you, it wouldn't cost anything except the transfer fee to then host it with your service correct?
    Thanks for the help.
  • patsy121105
    Major

• Jul 2008

Re: Domain transfer

I had the same problem - but I was too eager to get started and didn't read everything through first!
    You get a free Domain Name with BlueVoda, so you could leave the 1st. one where it is and get another from BV. It would have to be a different though... dot com instead of dot net, etc.. Just send a ticket and they will sort you out.
    OR....You can go into the site from which you purchased your Domain Name and usually there is a place on there (could be in 'Manage your Domain' - or something like that) and POINT your DM to BV.
    You will have to use the code that came with your 'Welcome' email from BV. It's shown on your email as something like - ns1.voda28.com.
    After 60 days you can transfer your Domain to BV and you will then pay them when the next payment is due. There is no transfer fee. (I didn't pay one)
    It all depends if you really want to keep that DM?
    www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Domain transfer

Hi .. almost Patsy, good job, I'll just clarify a bit ..

When you order up your voda hosting account, as a bonus you can choose a free domain name or a free domain transfer. Since your domain is younger than 60 days you cannot transfer the domain, anytime after this, yes, you can transfer this domain to Voda Host. In the meantime you will point this domain to your voda servers that you will receive in your email entitled "Log in information" (you receive this after purchase of a voda host account)

In order to use the Blue Voda website builder, you will need a Voda Hosting Account .. You can open up your voda hosting account using the domain name that you already own, or you can choose another at the time of account ordering. With Voda Host, you can have an unlimited amount of domains in your one voda hosting account providing they are all your own domains ...

Blue Voda is the free website builder Voda Host offers free to use with every voda hosting account ... and of course, that's just the beginning of the great website tools available here.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X