• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Winntec
    Master Sergeant

• Nov 2006

Image location after edit

I work on a number of sites and I've noticed that BV saves the actual location of an image and a copy to the default folder that Options/Folder is set to after editing.
    So If I'm working on SiteA (and Options/Folder set to SiteA) and then I need to do a quick change to a page on SiteB (and do not change Options/Folders to SiteB) any images in the page on SiteB after I've published and saved will now have been copied into the SiteA folder and the properties of those images will be to that location. Result you end up with images for various sites all over the place, have to do a lot of tidying up and refixing the location property.
    The design assumption here is probably a leftover from the original BV design of 1 site. Unless the designer changes the image location it should be left alone.
    Also another plea for a drop down box at the publish option box for a list of folders to publish to instead of typing in the folder as you move from editing one site to another.
    Re Automatic Save at Publish thread - make an option please do not make that automatic.

btw have others noted the slow down in opening and closing text boxes under BV10? Seems to take an age - maybe due to the addition of more options like spell check etc?

Thanks
    windgigs.com
    CedarAtticVents.com Genuine Cedar Attic Vents, Gable Vents and Shutters in many Standard Designs and Sizes as well as Custom Made to Your Specifications
    HingeAndLatch.com Gate and Door Hardware with the look and feel of yesteryear. Traditional and Antique styles to enhance all your entrance-ways

• davidundalicia
    General

• Mar 2006

Re: Image location after edit

Good post........could do with all of those options myself
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• journey462001
      Sergeant First Class

• Feb 2007

i've noticed this saving of images in BV 10.12.
      i don't understand the need for it.
      i already have saved the original image to the right folder.
      now i have copies?
      i'm sure there is a good reason behind this new feature.
      anyone know it?

thanks,
      charlie
      journey462001
      www.limitationsmusic.com

Comment

• motoxxx
        Major

• Dec 2005

I would have to agree with Dave. I could use all of that myself.
        Affordable Medical Insurance
        Discount Dental Plan
        Washington State Health Insurance
        Temporary Health Insurance
        Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

The redundancy issues are something to look closely at for the next version, to be sure.

However, the "drop down box" for multiple domains/add-on's would not be something that I believe could be written into the utility itself, depending on too many User variables which would require another script alotogether: what is asked for is similar to the "remembering" functions that Windows allows when establishing cookies across sites (remembering passwords, for instance), which is something completely different than a core coding that a utility like BV could "include."

Would be nice, but as it is, it makes us all pause long enough to think before acting, which is all together not that bad (as "inconveniences" go)!

IMO
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X