• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gregorymelville
    Private

• Aug 2008

multiple sites questions

I want to set up multiple sites, some with a few pages. Can i do this on bluevoda for same price? i also don't want some of the sites to be linked and don't want people on one site to be able to access another one - is this possible? how do these different sites url's look? is there a way somebody can look at all the websites on my account even if i don't want them to?
    - greg
  • davidundalicia
    General

• Mar 2006

Re: multiple sites questions

Hi Gregory

Originally posted by Gregorymelville View Post
    I want to set up multiple sites, some with a few pages. Can i do this on bluevoda for same price?

Depends on whether you use subdomains (free)
    or addon domains (purchase seperate domain names)

Yes: 1 account can have multiple sites.........

i also don't want some of the sites to be linked and don't want people on one site to be able to access another one - is this possible?

Yes: using addon domains, none of the sites will be linked unless you link them yourself.

how do these different sites url's look? is there a way somebody can look at all the websites on my account even if i don't want them to?

Yes: but only Vodahost support staff, and this is restricted as well.......NO, the public cannot see all your sites at once.........

- greg
    Hope that has helped you..............
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• Gregorymelville
      Private

• Aug 2008

Thanks for your help so far. . . . So if i just use the free service (without getting addons) just using subdomains, anybody can view all my sites if they want to? How do they do this if I don't link up my different subdomains? Would they have to click "site map"? Can I hide this if I want to?
      greg

Comment

• davidundalicia
        General

• Mar 2006

I dont understand "view all my sites" part.........

No one can view all your sites at once as I have pointed out.
        (they are all in your account, but appear on the web under different addresses/url's)

A site map is only used for a single site so sitemaps are different for each website and a sitemap can be for the search engines and a different one used for clients.
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• Gregorymelville
          Private

• Aug 2008

OK sorry to be unclear. What you say is all fine if the websites created are addon domains. But what i am trying to find out is, for subdomains, what the connection between the subdomains is. For example, can I set up a few different subdomains and they are not connected (because I choose not to have any links to them) so the main domain would just be a placeholder and the subdomains would be the real content - 3 or 4 independent sites. Would these have separate URL's? If not, does that mean that the public can jump between subdomains? How? If, after a while, I want to set up a subdomain to be an addon domain, can I do that transfer without having to build the whole site again? And if you have subdomains like i am suggesting, can search engines go deep enough in to the site to pick up the relevant info for each subdomain?
          thanks, greg

Comment

• navaldesign
            General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

A subdomain's URL is always http://subdomain.maindomain.com . So as you understand, it is visible where it belongs to.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Gregorymelville
              Private

• Aug 2008

Thanks for all the fish so far, but what about these last few questions:
              If, after a while, I want change a subdomain to be an addon domain, can I do that transfer without having to build the whole site again? And if you have subdomains like i am suggesting, can search engines go deep enough in to the site to pick up the relevant info for each subdomain?
              thanks, greg

Comment

• navaldesign
                General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Yes and Yes. In order to transform a subdomain to addon, you will need to use relative liks (like products.html instead of http://www.subdomaon.domainname.com/products.html ) so you will not neeed to rebuild all your menus

Whatever you use to build the site (exept Soholaunch, which is domain or subdomain dependent) you can then simply re-publish (if necessary) the site and you are done.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X