Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your help new client

Hello,
    My name is Derek Morrison I am the founder of a National Association for Aussie's whom suffer from a neurological/physical disability. (Most either in wheelchairs or bed-ridden) We have a website (179mb) which is down and without a host, it was up for 8 years but our webmaster died and no one else knew what to do, I now have the website (its Frontpage9 on my desktop computer and currently trying to restructure it.
    If I may I wish to ask 3 questions.
    1. I have no idea how to transfer it to you, is it difficult?
    2. Can this website once active with you be held back from the public until site update is completed?
    3. As our webmaster passed away with this illness, I have no idea what to do, is operating and changing data on the website once active easy?
    Thank you for your patience,
    God bless,
    Derek
    CIAASA National
    Founder.

Re: Need your help new client

Hi Derek,
    You can transfer a site to Vodahost if you have all the files & use it as you have at the moment if you are familiar with the software you are using. But depending on how large the site is? You may be better in the long run making a new site using BV's FREE software, as it’s a very easy software to use.

You can build your site with which ever software you wish to use, but will have some testing limitations on what will work until you are live on the net as some things like url links & certain scripts will only work via a sever.

With changing info on most sites, is quite often the same as changing a document on your computer & saving. The only extra thing you have to do with a web page is upload or publish it. (Takes a few seconds)

There is always lots of help here, so don’t hesitate to ask.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Need your help new client

Hi derek.
      Chris offers very good advice. I am confident you will receive lots of support here and the best website building software on the planet! LOL but true. What part of OZ are you at?
      Regards Glen
      The Female Zone

Comment

Working...
      X