• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mdzeeshan
    Private

• Oct 2008

Transfering the account from other host

Hi there,
    I am planning to transfer my existing account from other web host to VODAHOST, before that i just want to verify few things.

1. I have recently renewed my domain name for two years with ipower and i am not renewing my web space account, instead i am shifting it to VODAHOST. what happens to my domain name if i transfer. will it be still valid for two years or i have to pay it afresh if i transfer.

2. If i wont transfer my domain name , i have to add my main domain name as a ADD ON to the new account at vodahost, as i will be getting a new domain name for free. is it a good idea to keep my domain name at previous registrar ipower or shall i transfer it.

Please suggest me, i waiting for your reply as soon as i get your reply i will be buying the account straight away.
  • dougnez
    Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Re: Transfering the account from other host

Hi mdzeeshan
    You can transfer your domain to VH and open a new account for it here..
    OR ... you can keep the domain's present host and point it at VH and do an addon domain to your present VH account... here is some more info (tutorials) about DNS pointing http://www.vodahost.com/tut_dns.htm and addon domains http://www.vodahost.com/tut_cpanel.htm ... that may help you decide... Doug

Comment

• mdzeeshan
      Private

• Oct 2008

Well thanks for the reply and the tutorials too.

Comment

• davaxeman
        Sergeant

• Nov 2008

Hi

Can I transfer an existing website that is hosted elsewhere and not built in Blue Voda, to be hosted with Blue Voda?

David
        Last edited by davaxeman; 01-14-2009, 04:01 PM. Reason: Bad wording

Comment

• Watdaflip
          Major General

• Sep 2005

Yes, the use of Blue Voda is optional, you can use whatever means you have to build your website.

Also, for future reference, create a new topic instead of posting in an existing one.

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
          X