first question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first question!

Hi, I've been going around and around trying to figure out a couple of major things before I get started. so I hope someone out there can help.

I'm looking at setting up a site where people can print money-off vouchers for local businesses.

Initially, this will be a free service, but I would like to change this to a subscription basis as it becomes popular with a monthly subscription fee of $1 being paid. I have found a package called Memberpro Paypal which requires ASP. Can't find any mention of this anywhere here - so does anyone know if this will work with Bluevoda?

Secondly, I would like to get people to sign up to a newsletter and I would like to be able to send them emails on a regular basis with links to new vouchers. Will this work in Bluevoda?

Any suggestions or guidance would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Re: first question!

i'm sure asp works with Blue Voda, but i am asking why would you need that. basically you have an image of a voucher set up in a word doc or a pdf file. you would load your docs or your pdf file to the server using our ftp tool, under tools - then use the image or text to creat a link to the file. when your visitor clicks on the image the pdf file would come up on your screen and they would print it out. you could set up this using a regular pay pal account.
    im sure you will get more comments about this.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

.asp is a windows extension program similar to php extensions on voda host.. so in answer to your question .. .NO the asp will not work on vodahost servers. You would need the php version of it..if it exists.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by myjaydee View Post
        Initially, this will be a free service, but I would like to change this to a subscription basis as it becomes popular with a monthly subscription fee of $1 being paid. I have found a package called Memberpro Paypal which requires ASP. Can't find any mention of this anywhere here - so does anyone know if this will work with Bluevoda?
        Will this work in Bluevoda?
        First of all, I think you need to better define your terms and offer a better description of what you are intending, for you are confusing those trying to help you (the difference between ASPX, ASP, API): There are no results being returned for "Memberpro PayPal "as far as I can tell ....

PayPal offers "Payments Pro" business clients not only Gateway services (for real-time transaction processing within a "cart" foundation) but API scripts to better integrate within the 'look and feel' of your website (on the PayPal site it is listed as "APIs" -missing the comma- not APS): although possible to use with a Blue Voda created website with another cart system installed, it is far simpler to simply use the Payments Pro API scripts by installing them into a real shopping cart foundation like osCommerce, CUBE, or even Magento.

IF, however, you are referring to Simple Member Pro "membership" scripts, don't waste your time. There are others out there that are easier to use if you are just starting out, and all of them are more 'reputable' than this one, in my opinion. Another thing .... all such "marketed" scripts use PayPal, because it is the most common way to get paid by individuals without any complications of being a more established online business. Look around for better scripts, like at www.DynamicDrive.com | www.hotscripts.com and the like .......

Lastly, if you are looking for integrating the PayPal transaction solution with a "Membership" feature, along with the web-visitor interactives as briefly described above, you might look into adding the eCommerce plug-in to a Joomla foundation and selecting the PayPal payment options: it is already set up with the "download" features, the "membership"/community/social interactive features, and is easily converted to a fully enabled eCommerce platform with the simple to add plug-in. With the easy-to-use functions that you can 'customize' quickly and in a greater fashion than other foundations, Joomla is by far a sound consideration instead of the headache of trying to incorporate too many things into Blue Voda. In my opinion, of course!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X