Advice needed re management of site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed re management of site

Hi everyone - I am in the long-drawn out process of building my website in BlueVoda and have not yet signed up for hosting as have no idea how long this is going to take me.

My site will have loads of coupons (vouchers) that will be on their own page for people to print straight from website. It is vital that these aren't changed so I have enlisted the help from http://www.capebackpackers.com/BV_import.html which will take splice each large image into 40 or 50 small images held together by html. There will also be 2 other images supporting this page from the previous page.

It will take no time at all to have 20,000 images sitting on the web and I need to be able to manage them. I will need to delete both the webpage itself and all images.

I have tried to create images in the BlueVoda/image directory under individual folders, but when I create a new page by importing existing html these images are duplicated into the BlueVoca/image directory above.

Now, I admit I really don't know anything too much about building websites. But I was wondering if it would be better to set up a sub-domain for each of the individual vouchers that would hold just the one page with the associated 50 or so small images. I'm presuming that sub-domains would also give me stats so I would also have an idea as to how many people visited that particuliar page. As I'm not yet set up with Vodahost I don't have the cpanel to figure out how that would work.

So I'm begging you experienced webbers to give me some good advice as to how to set everything up right in the first place. There's too many days of work ahead of me to be able to afford to have to do it all a second time around.

Re: Advice needed re management of site

First of all, the slicing of images seems quite a good idea although it will increase the number of files and the number of links.

WE, also have a Visual tutorial for importing pages into blue voda here:
    and also a video tutorial here:

You dont need to set up sub domains to achieve the above, just create a folder (in your public_html directory) for items you need to seperate from the main directory. (this assumes that we are discussing a website and not your computer)
    Some servers do not display stats on sub domains, only the main domain, so the above covers your point on stats.

Also, you can easily see and delete ALL files relating to a specific Page as well on your website. (see Tools - Option - Publish - image name prefix )

Duplicating of images are on your computer, not on the website, and when you think about how many times you may alter the size or improve the quality of your images, well its nice to have some backups.

Be aware that if you create an image, then rename the original folder/directory on your computer, then you will loose the link to the image/s within your bluevoda.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
    X