• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woodsysa
    Private

• Dec 2008

Design Site for Friend - Can they Edit

Hi

I've just read the email re soholaunch e-commerce. Totally new to Voda.

Question is if I design the e-commerce store for a friend, do they also need to download the software to edit the site.....is there any means by which I can design a site for someone and keep the fact of where I got the design and tools from ie vodahost?

...yet offer them the facility to update the site with images, text and prices on their own computer?

Cheers
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Design Site for Friend - Can they Edit

I built a site for a client many many moons ago with Soholaunch and then just gave her the link to the admin. That's all she needed, she has looked after the site ever since.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Karen Mac
      General

• Apr 2006

Well... According to the TERMS OF SERVICE (http://www.vodahost.com/web-hosting-tos.htm)

Your client would need to OWN the hosting account, not you. That would be considered RESELLING in my opinion, friend or not.

Soholaunch is an ONLINE APPLICATION. You dont download it to your computer and operate it there. It comes preloaded in fantastico with a vodahost account and a click of the button would install it for you so theres no need to download it. You can then give them the administration passwords etc to access the soholaunch...

However, even within soho launch they are going to be able to see and access the CPANEL info as its needed for the operations of soho and its databases.. so no you cant HIDE IT.

One can also look up the WHOIS domain info and see that its hosted on vodahost..plus theres also the issue of the SSL Certificates for processing online payments and the dedicated ip for credit card transactions

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• woodsysa
        Private

• Dec 2008

Hi Karen

That's OK I guess. I have designed their holding site pending the e-commerce site going live. I bought EROL for them, but I think the learning curve would be too steep, so your product would suit us all down to the ground. Wish I'd found this two months back and saved myself £460!

I'm quite prepared to be upfront with them re who's hosting and running it, and that way I can keep an eye on the seo bits for them, and help them along the way.

Do you have a link to some good & recently designed soho e-commerce sites?

So sore knuckles to the forum member having his client edit the site he designed?

Do you offer a reseller package at all? Sorry if this is all basic.....just keen on soho but stuck for time, so taking easy route and just asking as opposed to trawling the site and forum.

Thanks for your help!

Shirley

Comment

• Karen Mac
          General

• Apr 2006

We have the affiliate program. You get paid for all sales they make thru your affiliate number or email or site etc.

Grannys Nook is a soho site.. if you go to soholaunch.com and hit the forum they have sites listed in there.

Soho is easy to modify templates and they have a pdf on the template manager that shows you how to edit existing templates or create your own. If youre a developer and you already KNOW html... NO SWEAT.. you will WISH you had done it SOONER.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• woodsysa
            Private

• Dec 2008

Hi again Karen

Sorry to trouble you.

Can the Vodahost Templates for e-commerce be used within a voda account alone or are they used within soho...or both...?

I'm keen to keep the look and feel professional and so happy to pay for a decent template.

Cheers

Shirley
            (North of Scotland - brrrr it's cold!)

Comment

• Karen Mac
              General

• Apr 2006

Well.... those ecommerce are probably for oscommerce... not sure...without going to look.... try the addons.soholaunch.com for templates and plugins for soho

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• woodsysa
                Private

• Dec 2008

...hmm ok thanks...think that's not what I wanted to hear.

prefer the voda templates - much more professional looking than the soho ones.

Not to worry thanks.

Shirley

Comment

Working...
                X