This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Questions ...

We have wasted time with two other web hosting services that did not meet our needs. We are a non-profit bridge unit. There are two of us working on the site. My first question is, will that be possible?

Secondly we have pdf and htm files that we will need to upload to our new site. Will this be possible and easy?

We currently have a domain name with one of the duds which we would like to transfer and rename. From what I've read the transferring part won't be a problem but will the name change be? Since we are non-profit, can we obtain an .org domain?

Are there any other charges or fees not covered by the $7.95 per month fee?

Also, we'd like to include a counter to check the traffic to our site.

Our site will be similar to Spokanebridge.com. Is there anything on that site that your service doesn't cover?

Many thanks!

re: Basic Questions ...

1. If you mean, can two different computers be used to modify the same site, it's possible but a bit difficult.

2. pdf and other files are easy to upload.

3. Transfering a domain name is straightforward. It sounds like you want to exchange one domain name for another. The answer is, you need to buy a new domain name. If the .org you want is available, it's only a few dollars a year.

4. There are no hidden fees.

5. Putting a counter on the page is easily done but nowadays is considered cheesy. But all the stats you could ever want are provided free; you access them through the cpanel that you'll receive with Vodahost.

6. Everything Spokanbridge does you can do with BlueVoda and Vodahost--and much more. Graphically, their site is messed-up btw.

Tom
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Thanks so much, Tom

I appreciate your prompt reply. It certainly sounds like this is the right hosting service for us. I'm sorry to hear that the Spokanebridge site is messed up. It's one that we particularly liked of all the bridge web sites.

Maybe we can make ours the very best!

Comment

Their main image appears in three misaligned positions on both Internet Explorer and FireFox. The BlueVoda site builder won't let that happen!

Best of luck.
        CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
        CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
        CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Working...
        X