• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txfarmgirl
    Private

• Dec 2008

Where do I start for online store?

Recently tried another hosting site and it didn't work out. I kept my domain name since I've already paid for it. I'm wanting to open small online store to list products over several pages. Now I see reading through the forums, that there are several carts available. My questions - can I transfer my domain name over to BV? and are there multiple available packages?
  • D'son
    Major General

• Apr 2008

Re: Where do I start for online store?

You can transfer your domain name or point the servers to where it is now, you can check out what we offer by clicking the features and the order now links above.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• mrmagoo144
      Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

there are several ecommerce carts available with blue voda account. if you have a big number of products and want to use a cart system, i would suggest soholaunch. there is a good support team here for this as well as their own forum. here is a site where we used soho:
      www.silverjewelryandporcelaindolls.com
      now if you do not have a ton of products and you want to be creative with your selling pages, i would suggest vodahost as the server using paypal. an example of this is:
      www.patsmelkoff.com/decorativeart.html
      here you just click on the picture to get all the details, bigger picture and you add to cart button.
      hope this helps you make your decision
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I wouldn't limit myself to the 2 options MrMagoo suggested - as you have many more. First, do you have or intend to use a merchant account? That is one of the first things you have to answer - as then the paypal cart is not one to use (or if you intend to add that option in the future even).

You do have lots of options - and without knowing more about your store, I can't give you what I'd recommend for you - but I can tell you - that no matter how you decide to build it - you'll be able to find an option here that will work :)
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Cloud
          Private

• Dec 2008

You can transfer your domain.

Comment

Working...