X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain name transfers

Happy Holidays, everybody.

I need help quickly. I have two domain names which I registered/purchased through another company; never used them or anything. Not sure if I have to re-register every year or only the first time.

1. Whom do I pay, & do I have to pay again if I transfer to BV?

Ok, I have created one site already & the second is half complete; using BV.
    I want to take advantage of the x-mas offer but I´m not sure what my next step is. No free time right now to investigate all this.

I´ve read a bit in the forum on ad ons, sub domain & what not but I´m clueless. What do I need to do?

2.Do I need an account for each domain?
    3.Do I have to re-register or renew the domain name every year?
    4.Can I have two domain names in the same account?
    Ok I´ve found the answer to #4 but I forgot #5
    5.what is a sub domain?
    Last edited by hubovetz; 12-18-2008, 12:39 AM. Reason: correction

Re: domain name transfers

1. you can buy your domain names from any registrar - by the way BV sells domain names - you don't tell us who you bought them from last year. anyway, you have to renew your domain names each year unless you purchase the domain name for an extended period of time. your registrar will help you out with that. you do not have to transfer the domain name to BV. you hve to change the nameservers to your account with BV. the nameservers will be part of your welcome letter and usually look like this:
    ns1.vodahost27.com
    ns2.vodahost27.com
    the vodahost number is your number they have given you in your welcome letter. do not think that your number is 27, this was just an example.

2./3.u need 1 account with BV and this cost 95.40/year and has to be renewed each year.

4. you can have as many websites/domain names on an account as long as it is your business or website. you cannot host anyone else's website without paying an additional 95.40 for each outside website on your computor. these are call add - ons and when you publish you have to publish to this account through the public_html folder, so the folder would look like this:

5. a sub domain is a website that is attached to your website. for example let's say you have a website called:
    www.yourwebsite.com which sells tv's
    and you want to have a separate website that sells cars your sub domain but you want the car website to go through the tv website. the car website would be a sub domain of the original one.

hope this helps
    PS: i would be very careful when working with addon and sub domains. you hve to set it up perfectly according to the tutorials and you have to publish to the correct website.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks Mrmagoo, this will get me started...but I'm sure before I get too far I'll have another question.

checked out your page and its links. In all of them I seem to be missing a plugin which Firefox can not seem to recognize?

Comment

mrmagoo, in regard to your answer to #4, I have another question: I have a domain name already for my resume business. My husband has a free geocities account to post information about his opera career. We'd like to register a domain for him now, and switch hosting for my resume business as well, as an add-on domain. Do we each have to get our own account, or can we get the free domain for a year and then add my resume site to the account?

Comment

Hi ... you can host as many domains in your one voda hosting account as you like, providing they all belong to you and are registered in your name .. so for ease of one account be sure the domains are both in your name or your husbands and have the voda hosting account reflect this as well .. you can also transfer a domain to another, you can do this at your domain registrar, there usually is not a fee for doing so, but the receiver must readily accept the domain, they will receive an email to do so once you submit this request.

Welcome and good luck!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X