This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain Transfer

I am hosted by another company. I have completed my site with BV and signed up with BV today. During the sign up there wasn't a way for me to choose to have my domain transferred. A couple of questions:

1. how and when do I request a domain transfer?
    2. How long before I can publish my new site to VH?
    3. If I publish BV and direct my domain to VH until the transfer, how will I know when it is complete?
    4. was I supposed to get a dedicated IP in order to re direct my domain until it is transferred?

Re: domain Transfer

Originally posted by cmoretti View Post
    I am hosted by another company. I have completed my site with BV and signed up with BV today. During the sign up there wasn't a way for me to choose to have my domain transferred. A couple of questions:

1. how and when do I request a domain transfer?
    Submit a support ticket and request the transfer, you will also need to contact your current provider. You could leave the domain where it is and just point your DNS to it, you'll still need to put in a ticket.
    2. How long before I can publish my new site to VH?
    If you have all your login detail you can start publishing right away, but until you have your domain straight you wont see the new pages.
    3. If I publish BV and direct my domain to VH until the transfer, how will I know when it is complete?
    Transfers depend on not only VH but also your current provider to complete the transfer. So it is hard to say for sure, you can ask when you put in the ticket for an estimate.
    4. was I supposed to get a dedicated IP in order to re direct my domain until it is transferred?
    You don't need a dedicated IP just to transfer your domain, you would only need it if you have a on line store or such that requires more security.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Re: domain Transfer

Hi

Instead of pointing your domain from your current host to your server with VH, it is better if you request VH to transfer your Domain to VH as well. It will take about a week to complete the transfer providing there is no problem with the current host.

Be patient and you can save yourself a lot of problems later.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
      X