Questions before I sign up! Creating Multiple Accounts....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tek.illuzion
    Private

• May 2009

Questions before I sign up! Creating Multiple Accounts....

First and for most thank you everyone for reading, and it seems that im going to be part of this community really soon... Im happy I found out about BlueVoda and Vodahost... seems like a really legit company.

A fast question before I do sign up tho. Im going to be designing and building a website not only for me but for 3 clients aswell, infact one of the clients already paid me in full to build the site lol

anyways.. I see in T.O.S and other forum topics here that I need to buy a seperate account for each domain for every client. I'll be more than happy to do so, BUT.... I was wondering If im able to pay for the 4 seperate accounts using my Debit card?

I know buy doing so will expell me from the Affiliate Program, which I don't mind...

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: I also see a option when your signing up, it says "Add this order to my account"

Im kinda confused lol
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: Questions before I sign up! Creating Multiple Accounts....

You don't have to purchase a hosting package for every clients domain name, just one for each client. If you have one client that want 5 websites, all can be hosted on the same account.

I can't say for sure it if will let you purchase multiple packages on the same debit card, although I don't see why it wouldn't.

Also I believe you can still use the affiliate program even if its you doing the purchasing, but don't quote me on that, I'm just saying you should look into it more.

The "add this order to my account" is simply adding additional hosting accounts to your billing account (you will still have separate hosting account logins).

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• tek.illuzion
      Private

• May 2009

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
      You don't have to purchase a hosting package for every clients domain name, just one for each client. If you have one client that want 5 websites, all can be hosted on the same account.
      I don't understand when you say I don't have to purchase a hosting package for every new clients domain name? isn't that a violation of T.O.S?

I do know that your able to build as many websites for every account, but not for the third party... how would VH know tho?

My mom is also going to open a hair salon shop soon and she wanted me to build a website for her.. and being my mom I want to do it for free but I still want to add a text somewhere that it was built by me and my design company... how would VH know that its my moms website and that I'm totally not violating the T.O.S?

I can't say for sure it if will let you purchase multiple packages on the same debit card, although I don't see why it wouldn't.
      Yea, I'm not to clear on that aswell... I did some research and can't seem to get a answer. I don't think it should matter because Vodahost still makes the money, and when I do purchase a new account+domain name, I would like to have complete control of everything

Also I believe you can still use the affiliate program even if its you doing the purchasing, but don't quote me on that, I'm just saying you should look into it more.
      Actually, reading some other post here about the program, it seems I won't be able to because when I do order a new package/account/domain it will have my IP recorded and that disqualifies me to be part of the affiliate program....
      Am I wrong tho? You seem to have been here for a while now (2005) I hope im wrong!!! :D
      The "add this order to my account" is simply adding additional hosting accounts to your billing account (you will still have separate hosting account logins).
      okay, so lets say I started my own design company and get new clients, can I use "add this order to my account" for every new client?

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

You need to be aware of the Rules concerning not only hosting accounts at VodaHost, but general Internet Rules as well before you begin anything!

1. ICANN requires that an individual be at least 18 years to purchase a domain name, the same age as being capable of entering a legal contract.

2. VodaHost provides individual hosting accounts, and although you may publish an unlimited number of websites or add an unlimited number of Domain Names, they must all be legally Registered in your name -- you must be the owner of every domain name associated with your VodaHost account (this includes domain names registered elsewhere and associated -- "pointed" via DNS entries).

3. It is not enough to be listed as Admin Contact or Tech Contact: you must be the OWNER of that domain.

4. VodaHost servers regularly sweep accounts to match domain registration entries to account entries, and if found, will suspend your account without notice or refund, as this constitutes "reselling"/"hosting by proxy" which is stricly forbidden as defined in Terms of Service.

5. It is highly unlikely that any "client" will allow you to own their domain name in order to bypass this reality of servers verifying ownership, so there is no use trying to find a way around the system. It won't happen!

If you are trying to beat the system, to find a way to host multiple sites for others using their owned domain names, this demonstrates character quite transparently, and I would suggest you seek a host elsewhere that allows reselling. We are a tight Community that takes pride on our ethics, relationships, and working with our peers with a satisfying sense of comraderie, and we hope you find a Host that meets your particular needs.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X