Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Websites On One Account?

Hello VodaHost staff,

I already have an existing account and one website running with VodaHost. I don't know to much of the technical aspect or rules of starting a second website.

I want to build a second website and purchase a second domain name. Could I use the same account to host both websites or do I need to purchase another account?

If so, is there some sort of discount on paying the setup fee again?

If I can just purchase a second domain name through VodaHost and host the second website on the same account, how would I go about doing that?

Thank you for your help!
    Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Re: Multiple Websites On One Account?

Originally posted by Hylith View Post
    Hello VodaHost staff,

I already have an existing account and one website running with VodaHost. I don't know to much of the technical aspect or rules of starting a second website.

I want to build a second website and purchase a second domain name. Could I use the same account to host both websites or do I need to purchase another account?

If so, is there some sort of discount on paying the setup fee again?

If I can just purchase a second domain name through VodaHost and host the second website on the same account, how would I go about doing that?

Thank you for your help!
    I have at this time 4 websites with them 3 domains with them I have one hosting account which I pay yearly 3 domains are add on domains you can have with voda as many domains you want to just use them as add on's
    sigpicJoe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Thanks a ton Joe, I really appreciate it!
      Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

yes, you can

Purchase your domain name only.

once you recieve your welcome letter....

item 4 those are the server ip addresses when you log in.
        Point your browser to VBS: https://vodahost.com/vbs

[2] Login using the username and password below.

[3] Under "My Sites" you will see "My Domains" listed.

[4] The next screen will present you with your Domain Name which should be click-able. Clicking on the Domain Name will take you to the next screen that enables you to update the contact information and name server "DNS" information. If you have a VodaHost web hosting account, please consult your original welcome letter to find out what your name servers are. Alternatively please submit a support ticket and we will be happy to tell you what your name servers are.

[5] The final step after you have updated your name servers is to add your new Domain Name to your VodaHost control panel (cPanel) as an add-on domain. Click Here to learn how to do this.

Comment

I already have 1 VodaHost site and want to have 3 or 4 different web sites, treat them as 3 or 4 different business entities and manage them as 3 or 4 subjects from one computer and one email...How.?.

Comment

I have already done it. Remember that you should wait a few hours after entering the DNS information to let it go through. Also, if you type in the domain before it was processed it will go to VodaHost's website. And if you keep trying (even though the new DNS server information was processed) it will still bring you to VodaHost's webpage. This because the old path is still cached and you may need to delete it and type in the domain again to recognize the new and correct path.

I learned this the hard way. =P

And to answer Rebound's question, they are managed more as a different subject under the same large book of sorts. Think of it as a chapter that you can turn to, instead of being entirely seperate. Hope that helps.
            Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Working...
            X