New website...HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New website...HELP!!!

Ok so as many of you I am new to this and feel a little overwhelmed at this point.

1. I will eventually have 3-5 websites for different individuals, my understanding is that I will have one host account with different domain names. Is this correct? Do I get my host account from BlueVoda or do I need to get this somewhere else?

2. What is Domain ID Protect? Dedicated IP Address? Rapid SSL Certificate? Do I need these?

Re: New website...HELP!!!

Originally posted by cbrady1980 View Post
    Ok so as many of you I am new to this and feel a little overwhelmed at this point.

1. I will eventually have 3-5 websites for different individuals, my understanding is that I will have one host account with different domain names. Is this correct? Do I get my host account from BlueVoda or do I need to get this somewhere else?
    If they are for different individuals they will need their own hosting account. You can only have multiple websites if they are yours.

2. What is Domain ID Protect? Dedicated IP Address? Rapid SSL Certificate? Do I need these?
    You only need a dedicated IP address if you will be using more than the allowed cpu usage for shared IP's. Check terms of service, the others are for secure web sites.
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

So they will be mine in a sense that I will maintain them, does this count?

Comment

Hosting Account

If I currently have a host/domain can I still use the BlueVoda web builder?

Comment

Multiple Accounts

I have read several posts and I think I am ready to make open my account, but a quick question.

I understand that VH provides individual hosting accounts and I can publish an unlimited number of websites as well as add an unlimited number of Domain Names (if they are in my name).

So with this being said I believe I need the following...

One Host account for my 5 domain names/websites that I am the owner of.

Is this correct?

Thanks

Comment

Re: Multiple Accounts

Hi,
            That is correct. Hope to have you on board soon.
            MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
            Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
            www.princess-bride.co.uk
            Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Comment

Re: Hosting Account

No... you cannot. Its designed as propietary software exclusively for VodaHost.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Hosting Account

You seem to be asking the same questions and opening new threads. Please stick with one thread. It would make it easier to answer you.
                thanks
                MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
                Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
                www.princess-bride.co.uk
                Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Comment

You may not HOST others sites not owned by you.

11.1) Account Usage (Domain Names)

VodaHost's standard web hosting offer (permits) you to host unlimited domain names under a single account with a single control panel.

This means that your account has one master domain name and all additional domain names are considered add-on domains. All your domain names must be administered from a single control panel. Only one control panel is allowed per account.
                  You are not permitted to...

a) Resell web hosting space. (This is not a reseller account)
                  b) Create accounts for third parties. All domain names that are in your control
                  panel must be under your direct control and administration. You are not
                  permitted to create accounts for third parties on you account.
                  c) Have multiple control panels (CPanel's) or (WHM) Web Hosting Manager on
                  a standard account.
                  You must agree to our web hosting terms of service before you become a member.

So in answer to question number one.. you are NOT permitted to do this, nor will you be able to do this without obtaining reseller hosting, which your account with vodahost will not be.

If they arent OWNED by you in their entirety, including the business names, domain names.. then NO THIS DOES NOT COUNT.

DEDICATED ip is a static ip most commonly used in conjunction with SSL for transacting credit card payments or collecting PRIVATE individual information and enycrypting it.

Domain ID protection is a service provided by your domain registrar to only list the identity of the registrar and not yours to protect your personal details if you dont want them posted on WHOIS information.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Re: Multiple Accounts

Originally posted by cbrady1980 View Post
                    I have read several posts and I think I am ready to make open my account, but a quick question.

I understand that VH provides individual hosting accounts and I can publish an unlimited number of websites as well as add an unlimited number of Domain Names (if they are in my name).

So with this being said I believe I need the following...

One Host account for my 5 domain names/websites that I am the owner of.

Is this correct?

Thanks
                    No.. please read the above post. You are not permitted to host domains for others in this manner. No amount of rephrasing will justify it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

i download the blue voda web builder, whats next. what do I have to do to start using it

Comment

newone watch these that's what's next........okay. http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm
                        Sincerly Leescatnet

Comment

Working...
                        X